Dolphins sign Jason McCourty | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins sign Jason McCourty

Bottom line is that we will CONTINUE to be a defense first team .... just like last year.

We are not going to put up 30+ points a game, even with an improved TUA and better WRs ...

So, we need a defense that can hold teams to the 20s, maybe low 30s to have a shot against good teams ...

That means pressure on the QB and solid coverage .... we had one of the BEST scoring defenses in the league last year .... and we need to keep it that way!!

He was a good player with the Titans 5 years ago. He was an average to below average player with the Patriots the past 3 years. I don’t see a position for an old and not that good anymore DB on the Dolphins but obviously Flores sees something I don’t.

Hard to get a read on this one...

Veteran presence at FS?

Dime back?

Camp body to help with training?
My thoughts exactly......was hoping one of our astute grand posters could shed some light on this move....

I always evaluate situational influence first and foremost. Noah needs a ton of work. Xavien Howard doesn't strike me as the type to give a flip about a younger player, especially in the midst of a contract whine. Not sure about Byron Jones. He seems more like a community leader type than a mentor. As soon as we signed McCourty I was sure he must be known for tutoring younger players. Sure enough, one Google of, "Jason McCourty teach young players," produced this link as the first result:

Back
Top Bottom