Dolphins sign Jason McCourty | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins sign Jason McCourty

I guess Hooker didn't show out to be healthy? McCourty obviously knows the system, question is can he still start at FS? It appears Holland is going to be given every chance to win that starting FS job.

We are loaded with talent at DB. What Jason McCourty brings is proven experience playing for Brian Flores and Josh Boyer at a high level. He fully understands how the system will operate, as newcomers like Jevon Holland progressively learn the nuances of the system. My read on the McCourty signing is that Coach Flo and Josh Boyer will get to see if he has any gas left in the tank in training camp and at the same time, provide some good strong leadership re how to behave as a winner. Players like Holland, Brandon Jones and Noah Igbinoghene are the future but having a veteran competing hard for a spot on the roster is not a bad thing even if he only represents good depth.

Last edited:
If people have to explain why this is a good signing, I am sure it will just create doubt amongst the pudding heads. It IS a good signing, simply for his experience. A 1 year deal to add to the room, groom the rook and young players, and build the confidence of the db room at the backup levels. We will be drafting a DB next year and trade X or Jones.

Very well stated Spiketex! There is an intelligence at work here and we're not used to that. We're used to frauds like Gase and Philbin. Flo knows how to win, he's proven it by winning with almost no offense. This season the offense is going to scare people!

If people have to explain why this is a good signing, I am sure it will just create doubt amongst the pudding heads. It IS a good signing, simply for his experience. A 1 year deal to add to the room, groom the rook and young players, and build the confidence of the db room at the backup levels. We will be drafting a DB next year and trade X or Jones.
:cheers:

I guess Hooker didn't show out to be healthy? McCourty obviously knows the system, question is can he still start at FS? It appears Holland is going to be given every chance to win that starting FS job.
And competes with Brandon Jones?

Seems to me Flores likes to hire some player/coaches from his previous stint. Which isnt a bad idea when you're sort of implementing a college program approach to team building in the NFL...

Having all those draft picks is great but it comes with the caveat that you're pretty much always going to be relying on a very young football team... Having these "player/coaches" around to show the pups how its done is a really nice buffer IMO.

Is it sustainable? Im guessing at some point these vets are going to catch up to whats going on and might be reluctant to sign here for that purpose, but at the same time, as the pups grow some of them will be able to handle that role on the team.

Back
Top Bottom