Dolphins Sign Lb James Burgess To P-squad; Release Dt Williams | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Sign Lb James Burgess To P-squad; Release Dt Williams

DefensiveEnd76

Football Guru
Reaction score
The Dolphins have signed LB James Burgess to the practice squad and released DT DeShawn Williams from the practice squad. Burgess is a 2nd year player who played collegiately at Louisville.

I liked his highlights coming out of college. Looked better than McMillan to me just from highlights.

A Miami boy from Homestead.

Last edited:
I like this a lot. Was playing for someone earlier this year and got hurt and waived I believe.

Undersized but has a feel for the position that we could use in the depth and potential rotation even.

Help at MLB is a need to bad Chase Allen got hurt he could have helped in the running game at least.

Help at MLB is a need to bad Chase Allen got hurt he could have helped in the running game at least.
I had forgotten about Allen. At the very least a good back up and ST's player.

I liked his highlights coming out of college. Looked better than McMillan to me just from highlights.

A Miami boy from Homestead.

Much talked about player on Canes forums years ago. Son of a former Canes linebacker from the mid '90s and expected to follow his dad to Coral Gables until that recruiting scandal broke out. Charlie Strong was popular at Louisville at that time and stole several recruits away from Miami, including Teddy Bridgewater, Eli Rogers and James Burgess

Burgess is undersized at 6'0" 230 but yeah I remember him at Louisville. I thought he was a pretty good LB when I watched him play

Welcome back to South Beach....

Miami still tweaking the roster huh, well every little helps, hopefully he will contribute soon.....welcome

Wasn't Burgess with us during the preseason last year? Might have even spent some time with us on the PS in 2017 if I remember correctly.

Think he was playing with Pittsburgh if I recall correctly earlier this year

Back
Top Bottom