Dolphins staffer: We want a more physical Lamar Miller | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins staffer: We want a more physical Lamar Miller

Yeah. No. Miller blew a huge opportunity to be the man. Game over. Hes not a starting back in the NFL. Nevermind the Oline. His running and effort versus tacklers one on one didn't pass the eye test.

BT

Can't really change his physicality; purely a finesse RB. What he could do to improve his game though is to pick the right holes to run through and have a bit more patience. Wouldn't mind seeing Bishop Sankey, less speed but physical for his size, or a guy I'm starting to come around to in Ka'Deem Carey, speed and physicality, on the team.

Not really news. I think everyone would like ro see that. Along with a line that could block for him also. I want to see a more physical O line.

Then draft or sign a new RB.

What about your client Gillisee?

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

I'm ready to relegate Miller to the bench, and straight up cut Daniel Thomas. We shouldn't be looking for a RB to compliment Miller, we should be looking for new a new No. 1 and No. 2 RB all together. Miller can be a decent 3rd or 4th RB, but he has no 1,000 yard seasons in his future.

Miller is what he is....a speed guy who , despite his size, can't run through defender....guy would be stuck in a wet paper bag until someone lifted him out...

The disappointing part is that I pointed out all these issues when Miller was playing for the Hurricanes as reasons he should stay in school and work on his craft....there's been little improvement in all the same areas. Pass blocking, pass receiving, leg drive, hitting the crease instead of trying to bounce everything outside, better pad level...very much the same as his college days. He did play better the last couple of games but it was too small of a sample to say anything is fixed.

I was more upset with Miller's inability to be effective in the pass game. A few passes early in the season he just dropped or lost when he looked back. He needs to run tougher though. His blocking wasn't great when he had to pick up delayed blitzes, but he did better than you'd expect.

On the flip side, Daniel Thomas I think was directly responsible for 6 sacks.

Yeah, I want the second coming of Jim Brown. Lamar Miller is what he is. Despite his speed, there's a reason he was available where he was in the draft. In my experience, it's very hard to change a mindset at this stage. It happens, but very, very seldom.

Lamar miller will never be a good starting rb, change of pace back at very best. And if he didnt go to miami this forum would rip him to pieces

So what the OP described is that they want Lamar Miller to be something he has never been .

Maybe he had injuries that held him back, but I saw PLENTY of plays in many games where he ran right up to the hole

then slowed the F down because there were defenders out there. If there is no one around he hits the hole, but otherwise it sure as hell

looks like he is tentative more times than not. I would give other RB's the opportunity to show what they got and make a BETTER claim to the position.

Damn that's pretty true. I always thought Lamar Miller was better than decent from how he can hit through the hole, but then I just realized, the play always seems to be over very shortly after.
Maybe more chances with a better OL can toughen him up, but yea, getting a RB(s) this offseason for competition seems like a high priority.

Back
Top Bottom