Dolphins struggle to score TD's and the importance | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins struggle to score TD's and the importance

nah defense was suppose to carry this team this year...they dont carry ****

the only time this d was handed a lead on a final drive and came thru was against the jets and a qb who's nuts hadn't dropped...

All 3 times the Defense was handed a lead after a dolphins scored in the 4th quarter they stopped the other team and gave the ball back to the offense and preserved the lead.
Its only after a second time on the field that they gave the game away vs Detroit and GB

I can find you many instances of games like that where if you give the other team a second chance you lose most of the time.

All 3 times the Defense was handed a lead after a dolphins scored in the 4th quarter they stopped the other team and gave the ball back to the offense and preserved the lead.
Its only after a second time on the field that they gave the game away vs Detroit and GB

I can find you many instances of games like that where if you give the other team a second chance you lose most of the time.

again defense was suppose to carry this team...hell there was this groups the best in the league garbage from the peanut gallery even...every time we gave them a lead they gave not only it up but the game in the process...save for vs the jets when they got a turnover and sealed the deal...sorry but if somethings suppose to carry you going into the season and the d was they failed to do so...they didnt even leave time on the clock for us to have a shot to do something...

i know you and i disagree and that's fine but this d was laughable in the clutch...2 games left vs bad offenses they are probably not done

again defense was suppose to carry this team...hell there was this groups the best in the league garbage from the peanut gallery even...every time we gave them a lead they gave not only it up but the game in the process...save for vs the jets when they got a turnover and sealed the deal...sorry but if somethings suppose to carry you going into the season and the d was they failed to do so...they didnt even leave time on the clock for us to have a shot to do something...

i know you and i disagree and that's fine but this d was laughable in the clutch

As was the offense.

Whether our offense or defense is supposed to carry the team doesn't excuse the fact that we haven't scored more than 16 points in each of the last 3 games. Even with an elite defense, you arent winning many games scoring 13 and 16 points. Our offense has flat out sucked as of late, and the NFL is catching up with Bill Lazor and its only going to get worse in 2015 unless he makes some changes.

your offenses scoring production of late is a direct reflection of the right tackle play...direct...i know people say hoops it can't be that simple...like hell it can't...look no further...despite the odd calls and tendencies that right tackle and the limitations he gives you are why this offense has gone in the tank

from the things we have to do to compensate to the defenses we see because of it...the gift that keeps on giving is the play of that right tackle

and who was suppose to carry this team??? not a 3rd year qb in a new system...that's right...that joke of a defense...

Actually the defense is aging and has not had any top talent added in years except Grimes.
The offense now has our 2 highest paid players Albert and Wallace and added a hot new OC. We mostly spent our early draft picks on offense over last few years. How long do we have to wait for these offensive players to become the strength of team. I thought it was supposed to be this year. But you go ahead and keep making excuses for them.
To me they lets us down big time this year. 7 games with a single offensive TD isn't progress even if you score 5 against Denver. Offense needs to get more consistent for the team to have any chance.
Defense may win championships but you have to have a consistent offense to get in the party.

Was watching prime time playbook on nfl network. They were discussing 49ers issues on offense. Kap has not thrown a 4th qtr TD all season. They echoed my op by saying you have to score TD's in the passing game in the 4th quarter to be a playoff team. To me it doesn't matter if it is passing or running. For the season our offense has only scored 6 TD's in the 4th quarter. RT 3, Miller 2 and Moreno 1. That is not good enough. But defense could have made some plays to help. Our ability to get turnovers in the 4th was much lower than 3rd. It's like everyone tightened up in the 4th.

Actually the defense is aging and has not had any top talent added in years except Grimes.
The offense now has our 2 highest paid players Albert and Wallace and added a hot new OC. We mostly spent our early draft picks on offense over last few years. How long do we have to wait for these offensive players to become the strength of team. I thought it was supposed to be this year. But you go ahead and keep making excuses for them.
To me they lets us down big time this year. 7 games with a single offensive TD isn't progress even if you score 5 against Denver. Offense needs to get more consistent for the team to have any chance.
Defense may win championships but you have to have a consistent offense to get in the party.

So now it's the defense is aging excuse for their play...6 weeks ago they were the best in the league according to some and now they are old...:lol:

So now it's the defense is aging excuse for their play...6 weeks ago they were the best in the league according to some and now they are old...:lol:

I never said they were elite like others. I knew their top in the rankings was due to opponents faced and the fact that our offense was scoring 3 TD's a game.

Miami's depth is the core issue. Before the injuries hit, Miami was playing very good D and solid O. Before the injuries, Miami was one of the 10 (or so) best teams in the NFL. But injuries happen in the NFL, so if you don't have depth, you have no one to blame but yourself. Most of that is on Ireland, but this team also has some emerging holes - DE, DT, LB (already a hole), CB, FS, OG, RB, WR, TE. That's to say, it's not as easy as, "add some depth, and we'll be good."

Bump, season ending update.

We ended up scoring 42 TD's and allowed 42 TD's. That equals the 5.2 TD's per game average that the rest of the league averages as explained in OP.

At the halfway point season we had scored 23 while only allowing 17, then the scales flipped and we only scored 19 in the second half of season while allowing 25.

Dolphins 34 Steelers 28

I think you could say the first game vs the pats as well. Also vs the Vikings. Also I don't think you can blame Tannehill when the defense is nonexistent late in the game like against Green Bay and Denver.

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

They aged 6 weeks...

I think you could say the first game vs the pats as well. Also vs the Vikings. Also I don't think you can blame Tannehill when the defense is nonexistent late in the game like against Green Bay and Denver.

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

They aged 6 weeks...

They aged in 6 weeks because the offense scored a single offensive TD in 3 of the 6 games during that stretch.

Back
Top Bottom