Dolphins stuff | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins stuff

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score

Albert Wilson WR, Miami Dolphins

The Miami Herald considers Albert Wilson a candidate to restructure his contract.

Wilson is owed a non-guaranteed $9.5 million in the final year of his deal. That's too much for a slot receiver coming off a season where he missed three games. Wilson will need to accept a pay cut if he wants to stay in Miami. The Dolphins would eat $1.3 million in dead money if they outright release Wilson.

Daniel Kilgore C, Miami Dolphins

Dolphins GM Chris Grier wouldn't commit to Daniel Kilgore returning next season.

"Daniel is a tremendous veteran presence that our team needed last year," said Grier. "For us, we expect him to be here, but we’ll see." Kilgore started all 13 games he was healthy for, but he graded out near the bottom of PFF's center ratings. The Dolphins should be aggressive on upgrading from him this offseason. If not, Kilgore will be back at his $3.1 million salary.

Source: Miami Herald

Jan 24, 2020, 5:35 PM ET

Wasn’t a fan in the beginning of the season but we have too many holes. I’d rather restructure this guy and worry about the WR position next year. But really, who would Albert be fooling, I don’t think too many teams will be knocking down the door for him and I think he knows it. Perfect fit for us behind Devante, Preston, and Hurns. Would be nice depth

Kilgore I have my doubts. Depends on draft and FA.
Ideally I would love to draft a centre and LT and hopefully they are good enough to start from the get go.
FA at least another guard or a Tackle and let Davis play either RG or RT or better both a G and T so have Dieter, Davis and Boehm back them up.
May be Davenport or some one else stepping up for depth.

Or if Tua is drafted then Davis at RG and really upgrade in some way RT.

Last edited:
Wilson, with WR being a position of depth this draft, see if we pick up any one perhaps after the first 2/3 rounds or undrafted like Preston.
If uncertain after the draft restructure or if they believe they have a keeper or two say goodbye.
As already mentioned don't think Wilson will have a lot of suitors for his talents, perhaps we can bring him back if injuries kick in.

Kilgore isn't expensive, and graded out as our best lineman.

Was he great? no.

Could he fetch a 6th or 7th round pick if we successfully draft a new Center? maybe.

I'd be into keeping both given the current state of our roster and lack of depth more specifically on the Oline than Wr position.

For Wilson the restructure is key to him staying on the roster. Towards the end of the season he seemed to have bounced back nicely from injury. Still has the speed, hands and route tree to be productive as a slot wr.

Kilgore seems like a great guy for the locker room and leader in meeting rooms for the infusion of youth coming in the next few months. Price tag is relatively inexpensive at a position where we have next to no depth. Why not keep him around? I'm into it.

Albert Wilson WR, Miami Dolphins

The Miami Herald considers Albert Wilson a candidate to restructure his contract.

Wilson is owed a non-guaranteed $9.5 million in the final year of his deal. That's too much for a slot receiver coming off a season where he missed three games. Wilson will need to accept a pay cut if he wants to stay in Miami. The Dolphins would eat $1.3 million in dead money if they outright release Wilson.

Daniel Kilgore C, Miami Dolphins

Dolphins GM Chris Grier wouldn't commit to Daniel Kilgore returning next season.

"Daniel is a tremendous veteran presence that our team needed last year," said Grier. "For us, we expect him to be here, but we’ll see." Kilgore started all 13 games he was healthy for, but he graded out near the bottom of PFF's center ratings. The Dolphins should be aggressive on upgrading from him this offseason. If not, Kilgore will be back at his $3.1 million salary.

Source: Miami Herald

Jan 24, 2020, 5:35 PM ET

The nature of both of their contracts as I understand it is such that They can be cut after training camp with no cap consequences beyond what the team would realize if they were cut today. So, you can see how they both do in camp from a competitive standpoint Before you make your decision.

Having said that, if Wilson can stay healthy, he could be a solid piece, but they could also bring in more competition, so lets see how that goes.

Kilgore is not good enough. Lockerroom leadership is only really valuable if it is backed up by stellar play on the field. Leadership starts on the field by making plays and dominating. Kilgore isn’t good enough. He gets blown out on bull rushes by strong D-tackles All the time, isn’t good at opening up holes in the run game, and simply is one of the worst centers in the league.

If you want to keep him around for depth, that means we failed at finding center depth in the draft or free agency. However, we must find a new starting center this year, along with 1 starting guard, two tackles, a swing tackle, and depth to compete at the second level positions because we have the worst offensive line in the NFL.

Many posters here will quickly allow that we can't fix the entire roster in one offseason... but then quickly pivot to the idea that Kilgore just HAS to go.

I mean... whut?

Sure... if an option presents itself to make an upgrade here... without harming opportunities to make upgrades in other areas... sure.

But this is no slam dunk.

I think we keep Wilson with a restructure, he was coming along nicely at the end of the season, looked to be back to old form after the injury. Versatile slot guy who does great with yac. Kilgore, I don't think Grier's statement is much of an endorsement. I think he gets chopped when it's fiscally beneficial...

Wilson has always been an obvious candidate for cutting/restructuring this year because of his contract. A slow season for him but he started to work his way back in as the season went on. I wonder if the decision would be affected by a strong and deep WR class.

The bit about Kilgore is spot on - needs upgrading but is a valuable verteren prescence. I'd like to see him stay, but not necessarily starting.

If the Dolphins could grab a guy like Joe Looney in FA I wouldn't mid seeing Kilgore released.

Back
Top Bottom