Dolphins take sole possesion of 1st place in the AFC East | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins take sole possesion of 1st place in the AFC East

I as well am very nervous about the Giants game.. Giants have so many weapons on offense with Tiki, Shockey, Toomer and Hilliard stepping up with Collins distributing the ball.. This Giants offense is very different from the Bills offense they played last week.. Bills have no running game and no respectable TE and no respectable #2 WR as well.. I will not be surprised if Miami loses to the Giants.. No shame in it either if they do..

Last edited by a moderator:
As I said in a earlier post, this Giants team will tell us a lot about our D. This is a mulitply threat O..unlike the Bills. This is where each guy has responsibilities and he can't leave his man to help someone else. If we win at the Giants in good fashion not just get by, then we might have a team..If we lose, we know we're still not where we need to be and that's alright too, it will show the team they need to improve and not as good as they think they are. The best thing about all the AFCE teams losing today, is that if we lose we're still tie for 1st place with the tiebreaking edge at this point. We really need to beat the Pats in the first meeting to put pressure on the rest of the divison.

Agreed, if we beat the Patriots in October, we will have alreayd done better than all of last year in our division with 3 wins. Personally I don't think this team will be guilty of overlooking teams or coming out uber flat anymore this season. They did that against the Texans and have improved drastically in each game since. I imagine an extra week of practice with this "Tiger" defense couldn't hurt. It will be interesting to see the game next week. Special thanks to the rest of the NFC EAST in helping us out!

The giants are about to get a taste of the AFCE. They will be handled.
Kerry will be picked, and their scat back Tiki will be slapped upside the head.
This is my lead pipe lock. The giants are cannon fodder. I don't care what the spread will be... Fassel sucks even worse since he stopped wearing glasses. Collins will be drunk by kickoff, and Strahan will be spitting gatorade at the upper levels with his buck a$$ tooth!!!

It's a very nice view from the top looking down!
:jetssuck: :billsbite :nesucks:

Originally posted by Jaj
Actually I did. No joke I did expect the Bills to lose, but I expected the Patsies to upset the Redskins with some BS Billicheck magic.

I agree, but I don't see why the Dolphins beating the Giants would be a surprise. If the Cowbi's can win there we most certainly can.

Oliver...

The Fins can definitely beat the Giants. That being said I expected (not hoped but expected) the Fins to lose this game when the schedule came out. Good out of division opponents on the road are always tough to beat. If they win however, it's an added bonus.

It will be a big game. If the Phins let down like they usually do when they're in the drivers seat it will mean that our leadership can also breakdown at other critical times during the season.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Not to be pessimistic or anything but I don't have a good feeling about the Giants game. The Dolphins tend to lose when they've got the chance to put themselves on top of the division. They also tend to lose after they have a string of big wins. AND, on top of that, they also tend to lose the week they come back from a bye week. Put that together with the fact that the Giants look pretty good and we'll be travelling to NY to play them...

If I were Vegas I would put the line favoring the Giants. Sorry.

The funny thing is that BOTH the Giants and the Phins have HORRIBLE records coming out of a bye...maybe the NFL will have two ties in a row?...:goof:

Originally posted by Gonk
I expected the Eagles to win today. They are too good of a team to go 0-3, and both their losses came to two of the best in the league. The Jills have an easy schedule ahead (CIN, NYJ, WAS) though.

Um, no. The Bucs are one of the best, yes. But the Patriots? I don't think so. They are in third place in their DIVISION, and they have been outscored by their opponents. I know the season is only a quarter of the way over, but New England has done nothing to show me they are a top-level team.

I've got to go and see all the crying at billzone................ohhhhh all together it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood...lalalla

:billsbite :nesucks: :jetssuck:

I hate to bring this up, but we were in sole possesion of first place last week after beating the Bills.

We were all 2-1, however the Dolphins were 2-0 in the division, and held the tie breaker with the Bills. The Pats were 1-1 in the division, therefore we were number one.

First in the Div is nice, no doubt...

...but just winning the division wont be enough for a home divisional playoff. The form the Colts and Chiefs/Broncos are in there are two other divisional winners at least that need to be given due consideration. I'd like to see them lose before we break out the flags.

Having said that, the East looks a lot better to me after the weekend. The Bills have been found out had had their confidence busted. The Jets have a worse record than the Bengals:lol: and the Pats look like a team dealing with a lot of injuries. Sweet.

Back
Top Bottom