Dolphins Talk on Radio Now | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Talk on Radio Now

Originally posted by Trekbiz

I've listened to the big O.
He brings up MANY valid points.
The reason many of you won't like his opinions is because he dosen't hold back and take the Homer point of view.
He calls it like he and many of the fans and some high up NFL analysts see it.

Dave is defense minded and conservative. Look at his past and that is clear and on top of that he has admitted so himself.
Many coaches that are in the playoff this year have made quotes like.. "You have to play for the win, you can't wait for the win to come to you". Many teams that are in the playoffs have shown tendencies that Miami never shows for instance...

Aggressively trying to run out the clock for a win. I.E. actually using your offensive game plan to try and not only run out the clock but to also get a first down to continue to run out the clock instead of running 3 times right up the middle and giving the ball up with time remaining anyway.

Trying to win the game on your own instead of hoping your opponent messes up and hands you the game. I.E.
Twice N.E. Patsies go on 4th down at Tenn.'s 35 and 33 yd. line to continue a drive, score points and take the risks to put the game in their own hands. What would Wanny do? Exactly what he did do in a pivotal division game. Wanny punts twice within the Patsies 40 yd. line on 4th and short during a must win division game.
Pathetic, non aggessive and gutless. IMO.

Not to mention it just recently came out in the paper that Wanny overuled Norv Turner on a few key occasions when Norv wanted to aggresively attack on offense. How many other occasions did Dave interfere and force his own defensive strategy onto the offense?

Lets get away from game strategy and go to personnel.

Dave announces that the offense is in need of upgrade at OL and WR and that these are our top priorities.
Then he turns around and drafts a LB AGAINST the wishes of his personnel man and a majority of the coaches on the team who wanted Bouldin or Calico.
Dave then FAILS to address his quote "Top Priority" in the offseason which is to acquire OL depth. Not only dosen't he address the position by getting a veteran, he puts the entire job into the hands of a rookie and dosen't even sign a journey T to back the kid up. We could have easily signed Spriggs for low $$.
Pathetic.

These are just a FEW of the VALID points that the Big O along with many posters on Finheaven have brought up against Wanny.

If you are for Wanny fine, but don't call this guy an idiot because he brings up valid points against him.

I agree with a lot of his thoughts and there is a strong possibility that these types of mistakes and weak philosophies will continue on the Wanny coached Fins.

personell decisions aside for a moment.....are you saying that Wanny should have trusted jay to complete a pass in a critical situation???

Jeez, the guy can't win....If he follows the game plan and Jay throws an INT, then Wannstedt is an idiot for trusting him but, if he plays conservative and puts the game in the hands of his trillion dollar defense he's an idiot too.....WTF???

better personell=better Wannstedt.

Mandich is on now..........He just said: "Later today Orlando Alsuegeri will be on..........The Big O will be at the Senior Bowl next week extending some guidance to the Dolphins on scouting and talent evaluation, he might even suggest who they should draft.....so stay tuned."

I'm not a Wanny follower to me he is one of the worst coachs in the NFL. With the talent we have or we could of had we should be one of the best teams out there. It's not the facts that Big O said because he is telling the truth. But he and other people get personal yall make him soung like he is a idiot he may not be a very good coach but he is a good person. He is not a disease, the owner should have fired him last year but he did'nt. Big O is smart an made excellent points but to dog someone on the radio like that with thousands of people listening that is a little to low. That would embarrass me if he was talking about me in that way if me and my friend were listening to him on the radio

He made him sound like he was the worse person to walk the earth.

But everybody has different opinions.

Back
Top Bottom