Dolphins target Antonio Bryant | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins target Antonio Bryant

If there's no real market for Bryant it's better to wait until after the draft to sign him.

Turner, Ginn, and Camarillo are bubble guys. If we draft a guy in the draft, one these receivers will be cut/traded. If draft a guy and sign Antonio Bryant, than two of those guys will be cut/traded.

Locks to stay on the team are only Hartline and Bess. Even Bess is almost a bubble player.

Ideally we sign Antonio Bryant and draft at Tight End. TE is a glaring need and one will definitely be drafted within the first 4 rounds. One of our bubble receivers will be gone leaving us with:

Receivers: Antonio Bryant, Hartline, Bess, and Ginn/or/Camarillo/or/Turner
Tight Ends: Fasano, Draft Pick, and Sperry/or/Haynos

Signing A. Bryant is a must. And, I like S. Long - but after the 4th. Graham and Long in the 3rd and 4th are both very risky picks. Both have great potential, but TE is deep, so I target one in the 4th, and because of his lack of production Long should be there in the 5th. If we really like him, we can package a 6th and 7th or even both 6ths to go get him.

Id rather give our 1st round for Marshall but if there is no other option then give him a shot i guess.

If there's no real market for Bryant it's better to wait until after the draft to sign him.

Turner, Ginn, and Camarillo are bubble guys. If we draft a guy in the draft, one these receivers will be cut/traded. If draft a guy and sign Antonio Bryant, than two of those guys will be cut/traded.

Locks to stay on the team are only Hartline and Bess. Even Bess is almost a bubble player.

Ideally we sign Antonio Bryant and draft at Tight End. TE is a glaring need and one will definitely be drafted within the first 4 rounds. One of our bubble receivers will be gone leaving us with:

Receivers: Antonio Bryant, Hartline, Bess, and Ginn/or/Camarillo/or/Turner
Tight Ends: Fasano, Draft Pick, and Sperry/or/Haynos
almost but not quite....he is a Wes Welker type slot WR...we won't let him go. I think Camarillo or Turner are one of the odd men out. Camarillo actually probably has a little trade value.

as to Scott Long....his career stats are: 91 rec's, 1,286 yds, 4 TD's. this guy hasn't exactly lit it up....I'd rather draft Brandon LaFell in the 2nd and Jimmy Graham in the 4th...pass on Scott Long. We have WR's with more production that he has had already on our roster

as to Scott Long....his career stats are: 91 rec's, 1,286 yds, 4 TD's. this guy hasn't exactly lit it up....I'd rather draft Brandon LaFell in the 2nd and Jimmy Graham in the 4th...pass on Scott Long. We have WR's with more production that he has had already on our roster

There's only one WR I consider in the 2nd:

A. Benn.

After him, I don't draft a WR until the 6th - unless D. Thomas is there in the 4th (won't be).

It's a terrible draft for WR's. A. Bryant, B. Hartline, and D. Bess will suffice until next year - which is loaded at WR.

if we sign him to a 2-3 yr deal we are set at wr...i dk why ppl are so low on our wr corps. we just need a decent number 1. if we add bryant we have bess and cam as sure sure handed slot guys - imo harline is a number 2 easy. plusss we still have ginn, who isnt a 1 but as a 2 or 3 he is dangerous as hell. getting bryant will be a big help and will sure up this wr corps. dont expect us to waste high draft picks on wrs when we need help on d and are searching for ronnie/rickys future replacement at rb.

i'm going to go out on the limb here and say Miami is more interested in a TE than a WR in the 2010 Draft ... i think most people realize that the 2011 NFL Draft will be LOADED with Good WR Prospects!!! So signing Antonio Bryant makes a ALOT of sense for the short term .. Henne developed great chemistry with Camarillo, Bess and Hartline ... Ginn as we all know was a great disappointment in 2009 and i think it's only a matter of time before he is no longer with the team... it may not happen in 2010, but perhaps after they Finally draft a WR in 2011 ... Bryant IMO will give the team an instant deep threat that is more consistent than Ginn is .. and could be just what the doctor ordered in the short term...

I think if we wanted Bryant, we would have already had him. We'll see though. It's looking more and more likely that we might go the draft route, although I don't see us taking a WR in the 1st round.

I think the FO knows Bryant is not getting alot of attention so he fits exactly what we need as far as risk/reward. BP knows him so that says something.

I say he is no different than most WR. They all have some kind of knock on them. Sometimes change brings out the best in someone at the right time.

On offense, there is only one position I know where 4 people of that position can be on the field at the same time. That is WR. If he gives us something and we draft a hidden gem ala Hartline again, then we win the risk/reward game IMO as long as Bryant could give us a 1000 yarder. Ginn gone.

well, I think it'd be ok to get him...that way if we can't get our guy on draft day at least we'll have a good WR to help us this coming season.And we can go OLB,NT nad TE on draft day

Back
Top Bottom