Dolphins Tied For Last Wildcard Spot (tiebreaker Info?) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Tied For Last Wildcard Spot (tiebreaker Info?)

Fins4Ever&Ever

"Deep Threat"
Reaction score
So now we officially have a 4 way tie for the last Wild Card spot in the AFC.

My question is, losing another conference game moments ago, how does Baltimore still own the tie breaker over Miami?? They are both 6-4 within the conference and have not played each other this season.

I assume Indy holds the tiebreaker over Miami IFSET (If the Season Ended Today) due to their head to head win, and contrary Miami holds the tie breaker over Tennessee with the Week #1 WIN vs them.

Have to see what Denver will do, but Miami holds tie breaker over them.

So someone explain why Baltimore is holding that spot? I am thinking a 4th tier tiebreaker? Point differential?

Either way, the Fins tied for a wildcard spot in Week #14 is crazy. Who would have thought?!

Well in a 3 way tie or more h2h is thrown out and it’s conference. Balt and us are 6-4 and Indy 6-5. So I don’t understand why Indy is ahead of us at the moment. I think after conference it’s common opponents?

Right now . . . ..lets assume 10 wins get you in.

1a. Most important, Miami cannot be tied with the Colts, and the Colts alone, at the end. They will lose that tiebreak. In a 3 team tie, Indy would lose the tiebreak.

1b. Also they really need Baltimore to get another loss as i think that tiebreak could come down to strength of victory and Miami will likely lose that.

2. Tennessee really has no shot if they are tied with anybody.

3. In a 9 win scenario, Miami would need to have the loss be against Minnesota and Baltimore’s loss to be against an AFC team. Indy and Tenn loss can be against anybody.

Well in a 3 way tie or more h2h is thrown out and it’s conference. Balt and us are 6-4 and Indy 6-5. So I don’t understand why Indy is ahead of us at the moment. I think after conference it’s common opponents?
H2H is not thrown out. Miami needed Houston to win today

H2H is not thrown out. Miami needed Houston to win today

It is thrown out if there is a 3 way tie AND none of the teams have a sweep over the other tiebreak teams.

Essentially H2H is dead if its Indy, Bmore and Miami.

The Bmore loss today was farrrr huger than the Indy win.

It is thrown out if there is a 3 way tie AND none of the teams have a sweep over the other tiebreak teams.

Essentially H2H is dead if its Indy, Bmore and Miami.

The Bmore loss today was farrrr huger than the Indy win.
Well right now it’s a 4 way tie. Need Denver to lose so it’s not a 5 way tie. Miami would be 6th right now had Indy lost

Right now, just root to win. Being 7-6 means we have a great shot of making the playoffs if we take care of business but we all know that is gonna be a challenge. We've got a game against a tough opponent in Minnesota, a Jacksonville team whose defense will probably give them a chance to win if they string plays together, and Buffalo (if you don't worry about a late season game versus Buffalo, you're crazy).

Right now . . . ..lets assume 10 wins get you in.

1a. Most important, Miami cannot be tied with the Colts, and the Colts alone, at the end. They will lose that tiebreak. In a 3 team tie, Indy would lose the tiebreak.

1b. Also they really need Baltimore to get another loss as i think that tiebreak could come down to strength of victory and Miami will likely lose that.

2. Tennessee really has no shot if they are tied with anybody.

3. In a 9 win scenario, Miami would need to have the loss be against Minnesota and Baltimore’s loss to be against an AFC team. Indy and Tenn loss can be against anybody.

Unfortunately I dont think 10 wins is even a given. I think one of Indy or Balt win out and then I dont think theres any scenario where we get in if that happens.

Unfortunately I dont think 10 wins is even a given. I think one of Indy or Balt win out and then I dont think theres any scenario where we get in if that happens.

I expect Balt to win 1 of 3 and every game on their schedule is a tough one. They went on a run based on college level stuff from Lamar Jackson. That stuff only lasts for so long and overall their offense is in shambles.

I don't have a good read on Indy, I didn't get to watch our game against them. Certainly their schedule isn't too tough but Dallas has a legit defense, NYG is a different team than they were earlier in the year with Eli finding a stride he didn't have for several years, and Tenn is a division game that will likely have playoff implications. We'll see.

One thing I've learned is that unless they are perennial contenders, wild card teams rarely win out to end a year regardless of opponent.

Back
Top Bottom