Dolphins Tied For Last Wildcard Spot (tiebreaker Info?) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Tied For Last Wildcard Spot (tiebreaker Info?)

Steelers may have cost themselves the playoffs. Ravens might win that division. The Steelers still play the Patriots, Saints, and Bengals while the Ravens play the Buccaneers, Chargers and Browns.

Steelers may have cost themselves the playoffs. Ravens might win that division. The Steelers still play the Patriots, Saints, and Bengals while the Ravens play the Buccaneers, Chargers and Browns.

I see 8-7-1 for the Steelers.

I thought Miami needed to win out....but 9-7 might be enough.

Here's an interesting thing. We need the Steelers to win against the Pats or Saints. If they lose both, and go 8-7-1 and Ravens win division at 9-7, we are in trouble vs Indy. We win the 3 team tie breaker at 9-7 vs Balt and Indy provided our loss is vs Minny.

Let’s just win out

Here's an interesting thing. We need the Steelers to win against the Pats or Saints. If they lose both, and go 8-7-1 and Ravens win division at 9-7, we are in trouble vs Indy. We win the 3 team tie breaker at 9-7 vs Balt and Indy provided our loss is vs Minny.

Indy has the Cowboys,Giants and Titans...I see them losing 1 for sure...good chance or losing two.

We're not likely to make the playoffs but this win may very well keep the NE scumbags from getting homefield in the playoffs which they'll need to get back to another SB. So that's good enough for me right now.
Totally agree

I see 8-7-1 for the Steelers.

I thought Miami needed to win out....but 9-7 might be enough.

If we’re going to get in at 9-7 next week is the game to lose. The colts winning today sucked. I had that as a loss for them. They play the surging Cowboys next week!and still have the Titans who will be eager to avenge the thrashing the colts gave them a few weeks back.

If we’re going to get in at 9-7 next week is the game to lose. The colts winning today sucked. I had that as a loss for them. They play the surging Cowboys next week!and still have the Titans who will be eager to avenge the thrashing the colts gave them a few weeks back.

With that said...let’s beat the Vikings...lol

Yeah Steelers lose to the Patriots they are done.

Yeah and I definitely see the Steelers losing next week to a pissed off, highly motivated Patriots team who rarely lose 2 games in a row. The Steelers are at home, but the Steelers let the Chargers come back against them at home and lost. The Steelers aren't or haven't been a dominant home team in past years like other teams are. Plus the Patriots for whatever reason seem to have the Steelers number usually, whether in the playoffs or regular season. They usually beat Ben's Steelers.

So now we officially have a 4 way tie for the last Wild Card spot in the AFC.

My question is, losing another conference game moments ago, how does Baltimore still own the tie breaker over Miami?? They are both 6-4 within the conference and have not played each other this season.

I assume Indy holds the tiebreaker over Miami IFSET (If the Season Ended Today) due to their head to head win, and contrary Miami holds the tie breaker over Tennessee with the Week #1 WIN vs them.

Have to see what Denver will do, but Miami holds tie breaker over them.

So someone explain why Baltimore is holding that spot? I am thinking a 4th tier tiebreaker? Point differential?

Either way, the Fins tied for a wildcard spot in Week #14 is crazy. Who would have thought?!

Just use the nfl playoff machine, it sorts things out so much easier. You can mess with the games coming up and pick the teams and the wins and see how the tie breaks will unfold with hypothetical wins and losses by ravens and colts and dolphins and mix them up. When you get to the last week of season, it will bounce teams in and out based on the tie breakers it calculates. So you can pick the games so that it's set where dolphins, colts and ravens have the same record and see if a 3 way tie works for miami or not by last week of season.

Back
Top Bottom