Dolphins To Look Outside The Box For Answers To Outside Pass Rush Woes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins To Look Outside The Box For Answers To Outside Pass Rush Woes

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Most important statement in this whole article.

"But remember — don’t panic when the Dolphins pass rush off the edge is non-existent this preseason. Flores isn’t going to show his hand and give Miami’s 2019 opponents a free look at their blitz packages. We’ll have to wait until Week 1 to see the full product."

Let's keep that in mind guys before the whole board blows up over no sacks in the preseason.

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2...he-box-for-answers-to-outside-pass-rush-woes/

Most important statement in this whole article.

"But remember — don’t panic when the Dolphins pass rush off the edge is non-existent this preseason. Flores isn’t going to show his hand and give Miami’s 2019 opponents a free look at their blitz packages. We’ll have to wait until Week 1 to see the full product."

Let's keep that in mind guys before the whole board blows up over no sacks in the preseason.

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2...he-box-for-answers-to-outside-pass-rush-woes/
While I do believe it is possible to create pressure/sacks with scheme, it isn't a substitute for a stud pass rusher that can consistently win 1v1 matchups.

If you have "that guy", you force teams to double, or chip, basically taking a back or TE out of the offensive flow.

While I do believe it is possible to create pressure/sacks with scheme, it isn't a substitute for a stud pass rusher that can consistently win 1v1 matchups.

If you have "that guy", you force teams to double, or chip, basically taking a back or TE out of the offensive flow.

NE has done pretty well without having that guy!

Last edited:
NE has done pretty well without have that guy!
They have, to a certain extent. There is no arguement there. That is one reason parting ways with Wake and Quinn wasn't the end of the world to me. One of the defensive categories the Pats were low in, was sacks though.

You must mean chandler jones

You're so selective trying to make points. Yeah sure lets pick the outlier.
Hell, Flowers most productive sack total with NE only generated 7.5

So cut the crap!

You're so selective trying to make points. Yeah sure lets pick the outlier.
Hell, Flowers most productive sack total with NE only generated 7.5

So cut the crap!

Yeah and you are so limited with yours. Bottom line is they’ve had difference maker edge talent not just scheme although scheme has done a lot of the driving.

NE has done pretty well without having that guy!

They were 30th in team sacks last year. With 30. They didnt "scheme" many sacks last year. I dont know the pressures they got but lets not act like having zero talent on the edge is no big deal.

Thats also having only 30 sacks with an offense (the patriots) that keeps the other teams in score now mode. Our offense won't put as much pressure on the other teams offense. Quite the opposite.

They were 30th in team sacks last year. With 30. They didnt "scheme" many sacks last year. I dont know the pressures they got but lets not act like having zero talent on the edge is no big deal.

Well we sure gonna find out how much it matters this year.

Well remember NE's defense has definitely done it without having "the guy" as an outside rusher. However there are always a few games, funny thing is some have come against us, where the NE defense looked slow and ordinary athletically out there. When someone beat the scheme they looked bad on defense.

Examples:

Last 3 vs KC - The won 2 of them due to offense though
Philly in the SB
Last 2 vs us - Cutler tore them up and still left plays out there.

Given my expectations of the unit, any sacks would be a pleasant surprise. Certainly not going to get upset at something I expect to be bad.

Well remember NE's defense has definitely done it without having "the guy" as an outside rusher. However there are always a few games, funny thing is some have come against us, where the NE defense looked slow and ordinary athletically out there. When someone beat the scheme they looked bad on defense.

Like rowdy said that offense dents the scoreboard which makes a big difference for the d

Plus they control clock and tempo with the o. Makes teams feel like they got to force things at times

Back
Top Bottom