Dolphins to Release (injury settlement) Gadsden / Other News | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins to Release (injury settlement) Gadsden / Other News

No big surprise I suppose... I wouldn't expect us to re-sign him as late as week 6... barring (God forbid) a rash of injuries, too many better looking WR's as it is...

I see the Rams are eyeing up Dyer... too bad we couldn't entice them to trade for him... even a late round draft pick... something, anything... but at this point they'd probably just as soon wait until he's released...

Originally posted by WharfRat
No big surprise I suppose... I wouldn't expect us to re-sign him as late as week 6... barring (God forbid) a rash of injuries, too many better looking WR's as it is...

The reason being, if you reach an injury settlement with a guy and release him, the earliest you can re-sign that player is Week 6. Used to be Week 10.

So we'll probably wait until the end of the month to do it.

Dissapointed to hear that, I was one of the few pulling for OG...and I still am.

I was all for OG, but after he got hurt, hes run out of time here, Im really psyched about Tolver and Simmons.

Originally posted by Muck

The reason being, if you reach an injury settlement with a guy and release him, the earliest you can re-sign that player is Week 6. Used to be Week 10.

So we'll probably wait until the end of the month to do it.

Exactly my point Muck... when (I say "when", because that's the path I think will be followed) OG is released with an injury settlement.... I doubt they'll even look at him once he's eligible to be re-signed... he had barely made it to camp, was out of shape, and won't have played for over a year... there will be (I'm sure) better options available IF (God forbid) we need to explore them by then...

O.G. was and is still a good player, IMO. All of the bad things that have befallen him, I hope that he can get back on his feet and rebound in the nfl.

I've always liked OG. Sorry to see this situation has snowballed for him since the wrist injury last year. But at this point the team must move on . I too am excited by the new youthful talent in WR corps.

Originally posted by Prime Time
Dissapointed to hear that, I was one of the few pulling for OG...and I still am.

PT he's not gone yet, Dave just said this Saturday OG can still beat someone out, based on when he gets back in to practice, so it's a matter of his ankle healing fast enough to practice before the PS is over, if he can't do that, then the injury settlement will probably happen. As I've said, over and over, Miami cutting OG, I'll have to see it, before I believe it..and it hasn't happen yet. Even though I hate to say it, there's still hope for your OG.

From this article:
At receiver, Oronde Gadsden might find himself out of a job with the way Sam Simmons and J.R. Tolver have performed. Gadsden is expected to miss camp with a dislocated left foot, but he expects to be ready for the season opener Sept. 7 against Houston.

That may be too late, with Chris Chambers, Derrius Thompson and James McKnight already holding spots. When asked whether Gadsden can still beat out Simmons and Tolver, Wannstedt said, "it depends on when he gets back."

Full story:

First team pleases Wannstedt

Muck,

When I read that this morning I didn't reach your synopsis.

What I took out of it was all the options. It really didn't seem as though Alex had a handle on it. I could be wrong but that article still did not give me confidence that it would get done (settlement that is).

My synopsis was that it's probably going to get done. Todd Archer mentioned almost 3 weeks ago (in Tennessee) that the Phins were already exploring the injury settlement.

I think the writing's been on the wall since then. As long as Tolver or Simmons don't get injured, OG's toast.

If OG signed the extension last year, he wouldn't be getting an injury settlement now. He can blame himself for being released, the injury wasn't his fault but if he made the right decisions the injury wouldn't have lead to his release.

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
OG is gone?....damn, now you guys might be contenders...seriously

You're right, if this happens, then it would allow us to get some real playmakers on the WR's corps. If it stays the way it is, we will have 3 burners, and 2 possession types who actually have decent speed.

The burners:
CC
Mcknight
Simmons

The P. types
DT
Tolver.

I can handle that.

Back
Top Bottom