Dolphins Tougher to Defend? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Tougher to Defend?

PhinKev

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I was thinking about the Ricky retirement, and one positive thought did occur to me. If you are an opposing defensive coordinator, how do you prepare for the Dolphins.

Do you look at last year's film? Do you play them like a running team? The best players are receivers, but Wanny likes to run . . .

New QB, new oline, new offensive coordinator. I bet teams have no idea how to defense us yet.

We might take a few teams by surprise.

Especially Tennessee. They have no clue. :D :D :D

This is what i always say, we have had to change some things and players in key spots have changed and i think it is the one thing that we are able to do for at least early in the season. If we finish this season as strong as last year and dont lose the game we should win, i see no reason why we cant at least be a playoff team.

New QB?

Did I miss something?A.J Feeley has been name starting QB?
:rolleyes:

Yeah, hopefully we can establish a good mix of pass & run, cuz this run up the gut OVER & OVER, just isnt gonna work with the "RB by Committee." I honestly think that if DW realizes that the pass is our strong point this season, we will be successful no matter who the QB is...

I think DW has no choice... He has to allow his playmakers to make plays. The strength of this offense is our receiving corp. If he allows M. Treasment to input a hybrid type of offense the consist of some of the west coast principles...I think we will have an interesting and exciting type of attack.

Anthony3454 said:
You guys are underestimating Wanny's stubbornness.

That's true, we could find out after week 3 that Konrad has been promoted to starting tailback, since everyone else is on their death bed... GIVE CHAMBERS THE BALL (Boston too!)!!!!

Maybe

Anthony3454 said:
You guys are underestimating Wanny's stubbornness.

But don't forget, Wanny has mixed it up before, especially before he knew what he had in Ricky Williams. I think DW, just fell in love with RW and ran him into the ground, not to mention our o-line situation last year, we had no choice but to run RW, cause pass protection just wasn't there.

I would be suprised to see us use korad more both running and recieving. hopefully McMichael will break out, and you can bet CC and Boston will get alot of looks especially over the middle and on short to intermedite routs.

the darkhorse will be our 3rd reciever which will be very important this year, so either Minnis or DT will ahve to shine.

And of course JF or AJF will need to shine, which call me crazy, but if Trestman can turn Gannon's career around, he should bea bale to work wonders for our QB platoon.

I certaintly hope so, or we'll be looking at a lot of these:

Chris Foerster: Alright Dave, we're 3rd and 10. I'm thinkin' a quick button hook to Chambers.

Dave Wannstedt: RUN THE BALL UP TEH MIDDLE! :D

Chris Foerster: But Dave, they're stacking all 11 in the box, hell, they just created a wall of guys to run into...:shakeno:

Dave Wannstedt: EXACTLY! We catch them by suprise by running straight into the wall. They'll never expect it! See, and people call me conservative.

Damn how long have you guys watched the phins???

Gr8BambinoTy said:
That's true, we could find out after week 3 that Konrad has been promoted to starting tailback, since everyone else is on their death bed... GIVE CHAMBERS THE BALL (Boston too!)!!!!

No disrespect, but there's no secret that DW is stubborn and conservative and likes to play "not to loose ball" in the second half.

But last year was truly an abberation. One because of RW's 2002 performance and two because of the o-line.

You can't honestly believe that he's gonna implement a run Travis right, Run Morris left, screen to travis offense.

At the end of 2002 everyone was complaining, why we didn't run ricky on the last drive, and 2003 we ran ricky into the ground.

The problem with DW, is when he trust someone, he'll keep going to the well, which makes us predictable, like passing to OG on third down prior to the RW's era. So if CC ends up being that player, we still face the possiblity of becoming predictable, so, we need the offense to step up on a whole to give wanny confidence to open up the playbook and mix things up.

So I guess last year

Phinz4Life said:
I certaintly hope so, or we'll be looking at a lot of these:

Chris Foerster: Alright Dave, we're 3rd and 10. I'm thinkin' a quick button hook to Chambers.

Dave Wannstedt: RUN THE BALL UP TEH MIDDLE! :D

Chris Foerster: But Dave, they're stacking all 11 in the box, hell, they just created a wall of guys to run into...:shakeno:

Dave Wannstedt: EXACTLY! We catch them by suprise by running straight into the wall. They'll never expect it! See, and people call me conservative.

When they did stack 9-10 people in the box and we did "attempt to throw the ball, only to have BG cough up the ball 3 times a game or get sacked for a 10 yard loss had no effect on his decision making.

make no mistake about it, I'm not a big fan of DW, however, would you trust our o-line in a passing situation last year and with our QB play...??

Nah, I don't think so. If our o-line is dominating the LOS or at least giving the QB enough time to go through his progressions, you got to believe he'll take it. He certainly shwoed his willingness to do it against Dallas, so it's not like it's unreasonable.

Back
Top Bottom