Dolphins Tougher to Defend? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Tougher to Defend?

I believe that if Marc Trestman ( or whatever his name is) does a good job with drawing up a hybrid offense, and DW doesnt listen to him or atleast change and becomes less conserative, we will see Trestman as the new fins coach. Plus, I really like what Selvister Morris brings to the table as a big play WR. When he was in Kansas, he seemed to make big catchs and big plays when he hot a chance, but then he got hurt and hasnt been the same. But, from what I have seen of him, he seems to be back, and he wont shy away from the pressure of making catchs when needed to, unlike DT.

P.S sry for the spelling, I suck at it. Better in Math.

Plus, I really like what Selvister Morris brings to the table as a big play WR. When he was in Kansas, he seemed to make big catchs and big plays when he hot a chance, but then he got hurt and hasnt been the same. But, from what I have seen of him, he seems to be back, and he wont shy away from the pressure of making catchs when needed to, unlike DT.

you mean snoop minnis right?

I see a few things making me believe we will indeed pass more this year.

1 - Personel upgrades in passing game.
We invested a 2nd rounder into a new QB, brought back our old QB, and brought in WR David Boston to pair with CC. The desire to improve the passing game may also lead to more attempts if these guys come through with success.

2 - Losing Ricky Williams to pot
No doubt we lost our best RB and while the others may play well enough to get by, I don't see an RB that can carry us on the roster.....which may lead to more passing. I think it will.

3 - NEW OC with a passing game background
Our new OC has been mentored by Denny Green and others that like to use 3 WR sets. He also has a reputation for having a strong understanding of the passing game. In fact, I'd say based on what I know about him that he's better with the passing game than he is the running game if I had to pick a side.

4 - Owner, media, and fans want to see more passing
I know the last two are not as important as the owner wanting to see more passing, but nonetheless it all adds up to outside pressure to see the ball in the air more....even if it's just on underneath routes. Wayne has also made it clear he wants a "more aggressive" approach. I think most people interpret that as more passing on offense.

Regardless of what we see, I am very excited to see how the team responds to our difficult offseason. I think we may all be surprised at how well this team rallies. Lets face it, they have not responded well to being billed as one of the leagues top teams, so maybe they will respond to being an underdog.

Adversity like what we've seen this offseason can sometimes unify a team like nothing else. Between my Soph and junior year in HS, our OL coach was murdered during the summer the year following a semi finals loss for us in CIF football (So. California Title). Our team went on the following season to play as the moast unified group I've ever been a part of, and we went on to win the CIF title, beating a team in the Championship that had Ryan Knight (Sammy's older brother), ESPN's Soomon Wilcots (Bengals), Former USC FS Jerome Tyler (Rams mid-late 80's), RB Allen Jackson (Oregon), and about 10 other formar D1-D2 players. Losing our coach gave us a strength that we never would have had otherwise. Losing Ricky may fire up and unify these Dolphins. I hope the fans in So. Florida rally behind these guys.....it could only help.

I wouldn't want to prepare to defend this offense to start the season. Hell before a third grader could draw up a defensive game plan and if you stopped Ricky you won the game. No more. I don't think Miami has a clue as to what they will run either. So if they don't, no way the other team will. Once we figure out what to run than Miami will be harder to predict and that will be a good thing. Plus, the coaching staff is on the hotseat to make things happen so hopefully they pull out all the stops and try to win with the offense and not the defense.

rhadaddy said:
No disrespect, but there's no secret that DW is stubborn and conservative and likes to play "not to loose ball" in the second half.

But last year was truly an abberation. One because of RW's 2002 performance and two because of the o-line.

You can't honestly believe that he's gonna implement a run Travis right, Run Morris left, screen to travis offense.

At the end of 2002 everyone was complaining, why we didn't run ricky on the last drive, and 2003 we ran ricky into the ground.

The problem with DW, is when he trust someone, he'll keep going to the well, which makes us predictable, like passing to OG on third down prior to the RW's era. So if CC ends up being that player, we still face the possiblity of becoming predictable, so, we need the offense to step up on a whole to give wanny confidence to open up the playbook and mix things up.

Wow well said..

Back
Top Bottom