Dolphins trade 3rd pick | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins trade 3rd pick

I think we are going to get the exact same guy that we wanted at #3 overall at #6 overall, and we just added a first rounder in 2023 draft...
Players in play?
- TE Pitts
- WR's Smith, Chase
- LB Parsons
- OL Sewell

ATL are the team we have to worry about, if there is one player they have in mind. ATL could very well go Pitts or Chase. However if ATL trade out, which is very likely now for someone wanting to take Lance or Fields (whoever is left) then we get who we want assuming we weren't interested in Sewell who will go to Cincy.

It must hurt to be you :)
It's quite easy being me. I know who I am on all issues...but here's to you Dolphins fans in Tua tank-tops and wicker flip-flops

giphy.gif

Whoa! Thanks to everyone for trying to sort this all out. I would have been happy taking Pitts or another WR at #3, but as some have said, we might be able to get our guy at #6 anyway. I ain't gonna lie. I love having the extra picks and draft capital in the coming years. I believe the only way to build a sustainable contender is through the draft. My hat is off to Grier for having a plan and the balls to execute it!

Last edited:
Grier knows 99% that the guy he wants will be there at 6. Atlanta and Cincy have many needs and WR might be among them but this is a deep WR draft. And I don't think teams would pay to move up for a WR. Cincy can take Pitts especially if Atlanta takes Sewell or Atl could go Pitts. Too risky assuming Pitts will be there. Our guy has to be a WR.

The folks who swore we wouldn't make a trade are generally conservative minded people. Not so much in the realm of politics, but conservative in terms of risk acceptance. They stay within the lines... and are apt to say things like, "If the guy you want is there, you have to take him... even if the price is steep."

Grier is not that guy.

Keep this in mind for future discussions on what we might do. Grier is a poker player; he stared Detroit down last year, and then managed to do the exact thing that Detroit tried to do to us...

Stop thinking that we have a conservative approach... that's gone.

Back
Top Bottom