Dolphins vs. Steelers game thread | Page 52 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins vs. Steelers game thread

dolphins get the ball back after the half right?

If so I see why he did it. not saying its the right decision but was Philbin was probably thinking: why do anything risky in a 2 min drill in the snow when we can come back after half and get the ball back.

That's what makes it so infuriating. Kicking that field goal was the riskiest decision.

Phins were leading by a mile against Cincy and Carolina so relax. I don't relax when a coaching staff that has shown ability to blow any lead and not actually hold a lead against any team but the Jets takes points off the board that the players on the field worked darn hard to earn.

I agree, and im not a Philbin fan, never was. Wanted McCoy. But no use crying over spilt milk.

Overall I am OK with the first half. Up by 3 in miserable conditions is OK.
Though the last 1:30 are disturbing from a coaching stand point.

4th and 4 for the Steelers you call a time out. It doesn't matter if the Steelers punt, trying to draw us offside or fake the punt. If you want to give your own team a chance on offense you call a time out.
On 4th and 2 I would never call for a FG in these conditions much less with a rookie kicker. With 40 seconds left you go for it.
To top it off you have to ice your own kicker. If I have to waste a time out then I might as well go for it and see if our O can gain a few more yards to make it a possible FG attempt.

Or how about faking a FG or trying to draw Pittsburg offside?

Overall it was a good first half against a tough team in miserable conditions.

Silliest two minutes before half time I have seen all year. Pathetic.

Back
Top Bottom