Dolphins Want Bonuses in Tua Deal | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Want Bonuses in Tua Deal

Matthew Stafford won a Super Bowl and Tua hasn't even won a playoff game yet but nice try!
Here's a stat that Stafford detractors would never imagine.

He is #6 all time in 4th quarter comebacks. In fact, he is up there in career numbers in many areas.

Stafford 12 years in Detroit

Never won a playoff game
3 playoffs appearances
Never went to the playoffs back to back years
Never won the division.

In 12 years...

Again if youre arguing against paying Tua

Why did the lions pay Stafford. That's the point
The question was "when did Stafford win a SB".

I was simply answering the query. Nothin more. Nothing less.

I think you are reading more into things than are there......

When did Stafford win a Superbowl? He went to 3 playoff games in Detroit and never won a playoff game or won the division
He won a Super Bowl with the Rams against the Bengals genius! You never said when he was only with the Lions when I first responded. You made it seem like you were talking about his whole career.

His info is all accurate. Stafford won his very first playoff game 3 weeks before he turned 34. He lost all three playoff games he played in while with the Lions. Tua recently turned 26. If Tua fails to win a playoff game until he's 34, or if he loses his next three, then one can start making meaningful arguments that Stafford had more playoff success at an equivalent age. But to use accomplishments at age 34, in Stafford's 13th season, in comparison to Tua at age 26 and after 4 seasons, is silly.

He won a Super Bowl with the Rams against the Bengals genius! You never said when he was only with the Lions when I first responded. You made it seem like you were talking about his whole career.

Seemed pretty clear that was a rhetorical question, with the answer being "with the Rams when Stafford was 34 yrs old and had completed his 13th NFL season, so therefore not a remotely fair comparison to Tua who just turned 26 and has played 4 seasons."

IDK about that. Skills are one thing.

Almost any knowledgeable person knows that trench play on both sides of the ball go a long way to determining success/failure.

I'm skeptical about "top 5" until I see otherwise .

Didn't you see otherwise last year when the Dolphins had a top 2 offense despite playing without their starting OL for half the season?

How about an extra million every time he doesn't throw an INT on a potentially game winning drive?

How about that million come from either Waddle or Tyreek every time one of them drops a TD pass on a potentially game winning drive.

Do you see the absurdity of that logic?

Back
Top Bottom