Dolphins Will Be Basically Starting From Scratch In 2019 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Will Be Basically Starting From Scratch In 2019

Doesn’t that mean they cut everyone and sign UPS drivers to be the entire team?
No that's the labor strike strategy. I can understand the confusion though … they do look pretty similar!

The NFL gets harder to watch every year as it is. The Dolphins haven’t been a “fun” team to watch in a long time, imagine watching when they are trying to lose.
But hey, if we make the follies more often does that count as increased media coverage? Just askin ...

Aside from Tunsil and Fitzmagic every player ought to concentrate on getting their best on tape as possible.

But hey, if we make the follies more often does that count as increased media coverage? Just askin ...
The NFL is turning into an episode of the follies. Horrible officiating, reduced physicality, team narratives, etc. it’s more like an MTV reality show than the game I used to know.

Then, on top of the weak on the field product, we now have to deal with tons of social and political grandstanding from players and the league itself. I swear, could the NFL have promoted it’s social justice campaigns any heavier last night? Note to Goodell: Visiting historical sites and campaigning for every single “social justice” cause that comes across your desk isn’t making anyone forget about the CTE scandal. The look how socially responsible we are thing just looks desperate.

I’m all for having causes and activism and all that, but we are subjected to it daily. I don’t really care to have it from football, which is supposed to be a brief escape from such things. Frankly, start putting a good product on the field first, then worry about the rest.

Honestly, all you have to do is look at the trenches to realize this is a major rebuild.

Miami needs three starters on the offensive line, four if James isn't kept.

There isn't a starting caliber defensive end unless Quinn is kept, which I don't expect. Godchaux and Taylor are decent, but would be nice to upgrade there as well.

Oh, and there's no quarterback yet.

The NFL is turning into an episode of the follies. Horrible officiating, reduced physicality, team narratives, etc. it’s more like an MTV reality show than the game I used to know.

Then, on top of the weak on the field product, we now have to deal with tons of social and political grandstanding from players and the league itself. I swear, could the NFL have promoted it’s social justice campaigns any heavier last night? Note to Goodell: Visiting historical sites and campaigning for every single “social justice” cause that comes across your desk isn’t making anyone forget about the CTE scandal. The look how socially responsible we are thing just looks desperate.

I’m all for having causes and activism and all that, but we are subjected to it daily. I don’t really care to have it from football, which is supposed to be a brief escape from such things. Frankly, start putting a good product on the field first, then worry about the rest.
Agreed. It used to be that football was a respite from the tensions of everyday life. Now its as if they want to remove that escapism and make us choose other entertainment if we want to relax. Not sure that's the best path forward for a leisure activity. With social media, people are BlackBerried into that real world every moment of every day as long as they want. TV and sports are places where most people want to escape that digital leash anchoring them back into reality every second of every day.

Back
Top Bottom