Dolphins Willing To Eat Salary In Robert Quinn Trade - Visiting Cowboys | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Willing To Eat Salary In Robert Quinn Trade - Visiting Cowboys

What would our starting Dline line look like without Quinn? Harris, Godchaux, Taylor, and ?????? Woodard? Oline is bad but the dline is the worst position group on the team.
Yes, that is true. But I think the holes in our DL will be filled with rookies and late FA acquisitions. If the goal is to tank, this is one way to do it. If the goal is to rebuild using the Patriots' systems of a multiple-front defense and a Brady-esque offense … we simply don't have the players to make it work, and this year and next year will be spent overturning the roster with probably 70% to 80% of the roster at the end of the 2018 season being replaced by the first game of 2020. However we slice it … it's going to get much worse before it gets better.

Yes, that is true. But I think the holes in our DL will be filled with rookies and late FA acquisitions. If the goal is to tank, this is one way to do it. If the goal is to rebuild using the Patriots' systems of a multiple-front defense and a Brady-esque offense … we simply don't have the players to make it work, and this year and next year will be spent overturning the roster with probably 70% to 80% of the roster at the end of the 2018 season being replaced by the first game of 2020. However we slice it … it's going to get much worse before it gets better.

I'm with you there. That's why when I look at this roster, I have a hard time seeing many wins. The lines are decimated (mostly on purpose by the front office this year). They were terrible last year and now the front office has let our 2nd and 3rd best olinemen go. Our two best pass rushers go. They look pretty content with not making any splash signs to bandaid it up this year. Then you look at the QB position and fitzpatrick isnt gonna move the needle. Its the right thing to do. Just got to get through this year and draft the right QB.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm with you there. That's why when I look at this roster, I have a hard time seeing many wins. The lines are decimated (mostly on purpose by the front office this year). They were terrible last year and now the front office has let our 2nd and 3rd best olinemen go. Our two best pass rushers go. They look pretty content with not making any splash signs to bandaid it up this year. Then you look at the QB position and fitzpatrick isnt gonna move the needle. Its the right thing to do. Just got to get through this year and draft the right QB.
Great points. Looking at the new coaching staff, the systems they want to run, and the ages of the guys we're letting go … this was the only way to do it. We had to gut and rebuild the DL and OL. It's painful, but it truly is the right thing to do.

Because the OL/DL rebuild is so complete, there is no choice but to draft both lines. That's not going to fill the gaps, so we'll use late-addition FA's and UDFA's to fill out these lines. To rebuild this team, we can't do it in one year. With a good QB class coming out next year, now is the best time to suck.

Fitzmagic scares me a bit, because he does have great games, and I fear he will win too many games to get one of those top QB's naturally. That will mean we need to mortgage the future to trade up to get him. That's my only concern.

Great points. Looking at the new coaching staff, the systems they want to run, and the ages of the guys we're letting go … this was the only way to do it. We had to gut and rebuild the DL and OL. It's painful, but it truly is the right thing to do.

Because the OL/DL rebuild is so complete, there is no choice but to draft both lines. That's not going to fill the gaps, so we'll use late-addition FA's and UDFA's to fill out these lines. To rebuild this team, we can't do it in one year. With a good QB class coming out next year, now is the best time to suck.

Fitzmagic scares me a bit, because he does have great games, and I fear he will win too many games to get one of those top QB's naturally. That will mean we need to mortgage the future to trade up to get him. That's my only concern.

That's why I don't think they should have signed him. They should have just let Falk or Rudock be the QB this season.

That's why I don't think they should have signed him. They should have just let Falk or Rudock be the QB this season.
Completely agree. I like the guy. He'll be fun. But he's not good enough to ever get 12 wins in a season or take us to the Super Bowl, but he's too good to win less than 4 games. He's the anti-tank.

I hope this gets done today. I'm on pins and needles to see what we get.

If it's 2020 picks, I have to guess that it's further evidence they are loading up for the big move next year.

If picks are for this year, I think a QB this year is very much still in play.

Any thoughts on that? Anyone think next year picks scream no QB this year or is it merely that we took what we could get?

I think it will be meaningful if it's 20 vs 19 but more moves will have to be made if it's this year. Time will tell

Apparently Quinn is expected to meet with Dallas owner Jerry Jones, according to a tweet I saw earlier. This could mean a possible deal is on the horizon? Let's hope as Dolphins Fans it gets done within the next 24-36 hours?

I'm on the fence. That's what I've been thinking the whole time too, but im starting to agree with the Fitz signing the more I think about it. The potential to have an offense so bad that you can't even function is a risk no one can take. That's what you get with totally unknown late round QBs.

I hope this gets done today. I'm on pins and needles to see what we get.

If it's 2020 picks, I have to guess that it's further evidence they are loading up for the big move next year.

If picks are for this year, I think a QB this year is very much still in play.

Any thoughts on that? Anyone think next year picks scream no QB this year or is it merely that we took what we could get?
I don’t think they’re going to move up for a QB now that they have Fitz. My guess is if there is someone there at 13 that they love he’s the pick
( QB, LB, CB, DE ). I see them trading back for next years picks to pick a QB. They know there going to win enough games that the number one pick won’t be available, IMO they want ammo to move up next year no matter what the outcome is.

I don’t think they’re going to move up for a QB now that they have Fitz. My guess is if there is someone there at 13 that they love he’s the pick
( QB, LB, CB, DE ). I see them trading back for next years picks to pick a QB. They know there going to win enough games that the number one pick won’t be available, IMO they want ammo to move up next year no matter what the outcome is.

2020 is such an unknown, though.

IMO it’s gotta be a trade down if the plan is 2020. It’s going to be difficult to pass on some of the talent that’ll be there at 13.

2020 is such an unknown, though.

IMO it’s gotta be a trade down if the plan is 2020. It’s going to be difficult to pass on some of the talent that’ll be there at 13.
I agree about the unknown, that’s why I think they want all the ammunition they can get.

Back
Top Bottom