Dolphin's win total set at 7 1/2 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphin's win total set at 7 1/2

I don't bet on sports, but I feel like this team has more than a 50/50 shot to hit eight wins.

I think 8-10 wins seems about right. On one hand, you can't expect to win all the close games that the Dolphins won last season. On the other hand, this was a different team after the OL turnstiles got fired and we had a brutal pileup of injuries.

Miami's odds were around the same last year weren't they? This is all nonsense as it is.

I think the number reflects what most of the country outside of Miami thinks of the Dolphins. If you had a room full with 100 NFL fans from around the country I think half of them would say 7 wins or less. Especially looking at the tough schedule. I would say they're wrong, but I think the line reflects the mood of the general public. Remember they see a team playing in the same division with the mighty Patriots, having a starting qb coming off a serious injury, a young team that got blasted in the playoffs by the Steelers and a very tough schedule. Again I think they're wrong, but I understand why they might have more doubts than we do. It would be like asking Dolphin fans how they felt about the Lions in 2017 if they played in the same division with the defending champions.

I love the over. Bet the Jets and Bills that should be 4 wins. so in the other 12 games, the dolphins cannot go 4-8? This is easy money.

I love the over. Bet the Jets and Bills that should be 4 wins. so in the other 12 games, the dolphins cannot go 4-8? This is easy money.

Could get 4 wins against the Bills and Jets, but based on history I wouldn't be surprised if they went 3-1.

I'll take that bet, and I'll take it over New England too. Hate them but there's no way they win less than 12 games. I don't care about their schedule

Predictions in May - whether it's strength of schedule, final records, or draftees performance - is pointless.

Maybe it's pointless but at the same time it's where you can make some big time money if you have it to lose. I don't know how much this changes between now and middle of training camp but it certainly gets me mind thinking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All i know is I figured the Dolphins for maybe 8 wins last season and was wrong. Will not bet against Gase again.

Screw the schedule they'll have a winning season and a playoff berth again :up:

He's a winner and winners find a way

That is the question isn't it?

On paper, Miami has improved at virtually every spot. But we all know that means little until the actual games start. My one disappointment with the offseason is I still don't think the Dolphins match-up any better with New England. I should say they match-up better against the run, but I'm still concerned with the Julian Edelman types. That slot position could still be a major problem.

I think the team will be in the playoff chase, though, maybe the sixth team again or close to that. A lot will depend on how quickly some of the young talent develops. The Dolphins youth movement is in full-swing, which is a good thing but it may take some time for young players to come together.

I look for the offense to take a step forward in year two for Adam Gase, with Ryan Tannehill beginning the season playing at the level he reached around mid-season last year. That is huge. I think the running game will be a little better as well.

It's going to come down to how much the defense has actually improved.

When I listen to NFL radio, the consensus seems to be that the jury is still out on RT. He still has a lot of doubters and the vegas odds clearly reflect that.

I bet the Swiss cheese of last years defense might have had more.

More like an indictment of his injury.

Tannehill is the reason we went to the playoffs last year. Anyone waiting to see him prove himself isn't watching to begin with.

I hope come end of August I can find that line 7.5. I'll drop a $1,000 on that no hesitation.

Ajayi is why Miami became relevant. Racking up 200yd games does that for a offense. Once teams started to stop the run game, we started to see old habits resurface.

7 1/2-8 sounds right when it comes to Vegas odds. Awsi can say more about that though. Tough schedule with a lot of question marks and reliance on rookies. Has Tannehill fully healed? How has the injury affected him? How healthy is Pouncey? Is Parker going to finally play to his potential or will just be another bust? How long before the rookies on defense and the o-line can make an impact.

Some things that need to happen to get over that mark are:

- Tannehill needs to make a full recovery and not play scared.
- Ajayi needs to spread his success over more games. I'll take 6 100+ running games over 3 200+ running games any day. Preferably more. The other RBs need to get more involved as well.
- Parker needs to step up.
- Rookies on defense need to make an immediate impact.
- We can't have the number of key injuries we did last year. You get some every year, but last year was brutal.

And we have to overcome a tough schedule. The future of the team is very bright, but this year has a lot of question marks and growing pains and that's what they'll base their win total on, I imagine.

Personally, 9-7 is my way, way too early guess, but I'm also a Dolphins fan. :idk:

Gonzo raises really good points about the fact that our quarterback is coming off of a severe knee injury and Mike Pouncey looks like Old Man River, and if both of those injuries have big impacts on the play of those two in 2017, that will really hurt our offense.

(I'm prepared for Pouncey to start 2-4 games, tops.)

Back
Top Bottom