Dolphins work out 2 veteran receivers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins work out 2 veteran receivers

There is an ironic thing taking place at FH.

We had dozens, no... hundreds of posts declaring that both Hurns and Wilson were no talent bums who ought to be replaced...

But once they opt out in favor or protecting their families...

OMG!!! What will we do????

You have to admit, the hypocrisy is stunning.

We had dozens, no... hundreds of posts declaring that both Hurns and Wilson were no talent bums who ought to be replaced...

That's not accurate. Both Hurns and Wilson had many supporters here
We have to replace them now but it it what it is and and few are questioning their decision. A couple maybe

You got to do what you got to do and most respect that

They need to be replaced...but when they step away that's not a replacement that's just a void. Replacement means bringing in someone to take their place.

I didn't mind either guy on the roster though I wanted to see Ford get a chance over them. We needed depth though.

Can't worry too much about this one though. This nfl season is gonna be crazy if it happens at all.

This is probably the biggest cattle-call year for peripheral NFL players since the strike teams. All the practice squad, late cuts, XFL and CFL guys will get chances if they want them. IMHO, Covid-19 will ravage a few teams rosters before they have a chance to even identify that someone has it. Lots of guys will get emergency call ups. We may look at these guys as scrubs now ... but I suspect by playoff time these guys would have jobs from another team anyway, and teams will be fighting for scraps.

For the guys who wanted another shot at the NFL ... this could very well be their dream season, as weird as that sounds.

We have to replace them now but it it what it is and and few are questioning their decision. A couple maybe

Yes, and I've been one of them. I counseled against giving up on either of them before they were actually beaten out.

But there were so many posts calling for Wilson's release... and/or calling Hurns replaceable... They were the two most belittled players (besides Ballage), it's almost a Karmic thing that they've opted out.

I've been high on both Ford and Jennings long-term and think they will make the squad, but now the problem (clearly) is depth, but that's a one year problem... and in a year where 1) We aren't really ready to compete and 2) I think it unlikely that we get a full NFL season anyway. I was just boggled by the idea that some were considering the idea of giving away resources to trade for a player in this environment.

Maybe this is graveyard humour, but the idea that these two specific players opted out after so many posters had trashed them... I still find it funny.

I dont get it either. They are WRs who contribute. I had no problem with Hurns behind Parker and Preston, Hurns can play. And we know that Wilson is talented, he’s not Antonio Brown talent but he is solid when healthy. We just lost two bonafide WRs. Ok great, yes, lets see who steps up. But remember those players were down on the depth chart for a reason and now they are expected to all of a sudden contribute 30, 40 catches? Never the less, put contributing aside, we are now down two healthy bodies at the WR position, two bodies who were going to get a lot of playing time. This hurts no matter what. But now I’m anxious to see who we can coach up, Flores has proved that last year.

Last edited:
Not for nothing but I was screaming for us to draft a WR because it was a great WR class but of course we didn't do that. Regardless of Wilson and Hurns, when you have the chance to draft a big time play maker you should do it. Wilson has been hurt and Williams is coming back from major surgery and might not be ready for week one after all. Then Parker is coming back from his ONLY healthy season so we should not had taken the WR position for granted but it is what it is.

I supported them but was aggravated when people here wanted them both gone, not worthy of a spot on this glorious roster.

Not for nothing but I was screaming for us to draft a WR because it was a great WR class but of course we didn't do that. Regardless of Wilson and Hurns, when you have the chance to draft a big time play maker you should do it. Wilson has been hurt and Williams is coming back from major surgery and might not be ready for week one after all. Then Parker is coming back from his ONLY healthy season so we should not had taken the WR position for granted but it is what it is.
Which 1st or 2nd would you have changed for a WR, knowing the other needs on this team?

Back
Top Bottom