Dolphins workout J’Marcus Webb, looking to find Week 1 left tackle | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins workout J’Marcus Webb, looking to find Week 1 left tackle

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
The Miami Dolphins held a workout on Monday with former Indianapolis Colts offensive tackle J’Marcus Webb, according to a report from ESPN’s Field Yates. The move comes as Miami looks to find a replacement for tackle Laremy Tunsil. Tunsil, along with wide receiver Kenny Stills, was traded to the Houston Texans on Sunday.

No deal was struck with Webb.

How extensive you think that gameplan can be if the left tackle has been here a week?

Lol
Does it really matter lol. Fitz will be lucky to get the ball off should they try to throw the ball regardless of game plan and who's playing LT.

Greg Robinson, OT is also available. He probably was a busted pick but still better than Webb

giphy.gif

I’d be interested in Robinson also. Who the browns got playing left tackle? Lol

I really would have start Sterup at LT. Yes I know he's not great but he's been here the whole off season, TC and preseason games. He at least knows the offense. With a TE helping on that say you can get by for one week. Not that I'm expecting a win either way but you could at least run some type of offense with short passes and trying to run the football.

I really would have start Sterup at LT. Yes I know he's not great but he's been here the whole off season, TC and preseason games. He at least knows the offense. With a TE helping on that say you can get by for one week. Not that I'm expecting a win either way but you could at least run some type of offense with short passes and trying to run the football.
I agree. However, Zach Sterup is only on the Practice Squad (at the moment). Rushing Julien Davenport straight in as a starter is very high risk, but he is physically huge and maybe he's a quick learner. I doubt that they throw Prince in the deep end.

Yeah, I don't get the dismissal of Sterup, either. I watched him play and sure he has a lot of the same deficiencies in pass pro that Jesse Davis has on the right side - and they seem OK with allowing Davis to play there. Sterup was also a pretty physical run blocker from what I recall (and he's huge) -- and isn't that supposed to be the plan? Commit heavily to the run and rely on play-action to offset the rough spots in pass protection while the line matures?

Back
Top Bottom