Don't be surprised if | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don't be surprised if

Samphin said:
Unless one of those receivers was playing QB, you cannot have that formation.

WR1 WR3 TE2, LT, LG, C, RG, RT, TE1 WR4 WR2
QB

Unless the owner's changed the rules, you can still only have 11 men on the field.

I never said they were on the field at the same time...I just posted who was defending who (linebackers,corners)..By the way, we ran some 1 tight-end sets with only McMike and some with only Donald Lee.

Formations were as follows (the best ones)

1 :WR --Thompson Chambers Booker TE McMike Holmes
2: WR--Booker,Chambers, Gilmore ..TE McMike, Lee
3: WR--Best One --Newson,Chambers, Booker(slot),Boston ..TE Mcmike
4: Same as #3 with Lee at TE
5: WR Chambers,Brown, Booker,Gilmore .....TE MCmike
6: Boston, Chambers, Booker...TE Lee McMike

Well, I f I'm making it up, just wait and see the formations in Training camp.

Boston is kinda behind in the learning process, that's why Gilmore and Newson are seeing more playing time.

Noodle Arm said:
Lee showed a lot of promise his rookie year but regressed MIGHTILY last season. (tons of dropped passes, stupid penalties) I'm hoping he can put it together this year and show the potential he flashed his rookie season, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

It was amazing how many players MIGHTILY regressed last year.

zENGER said:
4 receivers AND 2 TEs on the field at once?

We should be surprised if they put 3 receivers out. Take away the QB and the 5 O-linemen, and you have 5 slots to fill. Mcmichael, chambers, booker, ricky, and ronnie. It'll be hard to find playing time for david boston, and I don't know who you guys think will be the 4th (derrius?), but anyway Lee doesn't have a chance to get much playing time at all. Mcmichael is a top 5 tight end in this league (even though gonzo is the only one who is head and shoulders above him), and for Donald "false start" Lee to overtake him is unlikely. His only chance at making the pro bowl is a mcmichael injury, and an injury to one of the 3 big receivers.

Anyway it's pretty exciting to be talking about our offense this year. It looks like a great squad.

BenchFiedler said:
I never said they were on the field at the same time...I just posted who was defending who (linebackers,corners)..By the way, we ran some 1 tight-end sets with only McMike and some with only Donald Lee.

Formations were as follows (the best ones)

1 :WR --Thompson Chambers Booker TE McMike Holmes
2: WR--Booker,Chambers, Gilmore ..TE McMike, Lee
3: WR--Best One --Newson,Chambers, Booker(slot),Boston ..TE Mcmike
4: Same as #3 with Lee at TE
5: WR Chambers,Brown, Booker,Gilmore .....TE MCmike
6: Boston, Chambers, Booker...TE Lee McMike

Well, I f I'm making it up, just wait and see the formations in Training camp.

Boston is kinda behind in the learning process, that's why Gilmore and Newson are seeing more playing time.

Don't you guys believe in Running Backs??? We have 2 phenomenal ones!

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
It was amazing how many players MIGHTILY regressed last year.

Agreed. Makes you go "hmmmm." No wait, actually it doesn't..the answer's pretty obvious. :lol:

Samphin said:
Unless one of those receivers was playing QB, you cannot have that formation.

WR1 WR3 TE2, LT, LG, C, RG, RT, TE1 WR4 WR2
QB

Unless the owner's changed the rules, you can still only have 11 men on the field.

Soooo...that's why Lee was open. 11 can't cover 12.:roflmao:

Donald Lee has some talent, but his penalties and fumbles will keep him off the field. There's no chance he makes the pro bowl unless McMichael was injured.

i was pretty surprised to see that someone made a thread about donald lee being a pro bowler next year.

kpcane said:
Don't you guys believe in Running Backs??? We have 2 phenomenal ones!

This is formations for 3 and 10, 3rd and 25 stuff like that...This is not 3rd and 4...

PoorRichard said:
Don't be surprised if Donald Lee ends up getting cut at the end of training camp....:roflmao:

Won't happen, he's too good, and the original poster had it right, this guy is behind Randy, if Randy don't keep up his work, Donald will make it easy to release Randy.

MDFINFAN said:
Won't happen, he's too good, and the original poster had it right, this guy is behind Randy, if Randy don't keep up his work, Donald will make it easy to release Randy.

Yea, right...:shakeno:

i guess you are predicting that gates, mcmike, gonzalez,heap, graham, and dallas clark all abruptly retire in the preseaon

Donald Lee sucks. If it wasn't for our thin TE depth, I would've wanted him cut after last season. It seems that EVERY SINGLE GAME last season, had him making some stupid penalty costing us big. Whether it was holding on a special teams play, it was always something. Also, how can you only catch the ball 10 times and fumble it TWICE? Is he going to be fumbling 20% of the passes he catches for the rest of his career?

This guy sucks.

zENGER said:
4 receivers AND 2 TEs on the field at once?

That's what I was thinking... how many 2 TE sets will be run, given we have 3 incredibly talent WRs? I'd think a 3 WR formation would be used more often. Who knows...

Back
Top Bottom