Don't go after Henson if..... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don't go after Henson if.....

Originally posted by DolphinzD

What happened to Minor?? :confused:

Isn't he a FA? I dont want to pay him too much and Henry had a great preseason averaging over 6 yrd/carry. I know he is a good sp player but not worth big $$ just for that.

Originally posted by dreadlockera

Isn't he a FA? I dont want to pay him too much and Henry had a great preseason averaging over 6 yrd/carry. I know he is a good sp player but not worth big $$ just for that.

Not sure if he is or not, but I seem to remember reading that Collier wanted to get him more involved in the offense. I don't remember where I read that, though.

Henson's going to want #1 draft pick money even if we don't give up a #1 draft pick for him because he would have been slated to be in the 1st round had he entered the draft. He could still enter the draft if he'd want to. He only started 7 games @Michigan and I know Michigan has produced good QB's but I wouldn't want to break the bank for a QB w/ Potential. For that, why not keep the picks and draft Rivers or Losman? Can anyone say that Henson is markedly better than those 2?

Originally posted by phinfan2003
Henson's going to want #1 draft pick money even if we don't give up a #1 draft pick for him because he would have been slated to be in the 1st round had he entered the draft. He could still enter the draft if he'd want to. He only started 7 games @Michigan and I know Michigan has produced good QB's but I wouldn't want to break the bank for a QB w/ Potential. For that, why not keep the picks and draft Rivers or Losman? Can anyone say that Henson is markedly better than those 2?

Better talent but so did leaf. I think he would be great but who knows. As for the money I dont think it will be a huge deal. He just got MONSTER $$ from the yankees and may be ok with a backloaded deal. That would be great for us b/c some of the older higher $$ people would be gone before his big $$s kick in.

Henson won't be getting any of the money that was left in his contract with the Yankees. Still, the question remains is Henson going to be that big of an impact player that he merits draft picks for his rights or would we characterize him in the same category as Rivers or Losman?

Back
Top Bottom