Don't Judge a Book by its cover!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don't Judge a Book by its cover!!!

josekareh

Finfansince75
Reaction score
First Rounders are not always the best ones, Did you get to see Philip Rivers today, San Diego believes he's worth millions and Top picks B.S., sorry I'd rather pick someone else who proves to be better and KEEP RICKY!!

GO FINS and Kick those PATS COLD A**E$ :dolphins:

It's jumping the gun a bit to decide Rivers value in a small part of one game. I'm not saying that as if he's great or anything, just that it's not enough playing time to judge a player on.

josekareh said:
First Rounders are not always the best ones, Did you get to see Philip Rivers today, San Diego believes he's worth millions and Top picks B.S., sorry I'd rather pick someone else who proves to be better and KEEP RICKY!!

GO FINS and Kick those PATS COLD A**E$ :dolphins:

did you see the weather? Lets judge Rivers based on this game lol.

Im a Brees backer, but todays game doesnt show anything about what Rivers is or what he can do..what that might be is yet to be seen.

I thought he looked ok, given the time he was given to throw. And the INT wasnt his fault, it was tipped...one thing about Rivers is he does throw smart.

3Ply Stagliano said:
It's jumping the gun a bit to decide Rivers value in a small part of one game. I'm not saying that as if he's great or anything, just that it's not enough playing time to judge a player on.

I agree. He was under a lot of pressure in bad weather.

IdahoPhin said:
I agree. He was under a lot of pressure in bad weather.

Our back-up Left tackle SUCKS, Left Guard is AWFUL! I dont care if we put Fouts in there, NO WAY!

Ok, I'll bite..based on?

Don't bother L.T.... I tried to have this discussion with him before... he just keeps repeating that he's no good, with nothing to back it up. Although he did post a sweet scouting report that talked endlessly about how good Rivers was. He only posted the negatives... but they were pretty good by themselves.

I'm guessing that today is the first time Kast has actually watched Rivers. But he's made his silly statements like "he has no future in the NFL" and now he feels obligated to stick to them, I guess.

kastofsna120 said:
what i've seen of him since college and his short time in the NFL. he has no future in the NFL

Hmm..please remind me what he did in college? Im actually interested as someone who's seen him play in COLLEGE, what was it about him? Did he not win games, etc...?
Was it because he was surrounded by amazing talent on his team at N.C. State, similar to what Matt L. has with USC? What was it?

2nd All-time in passing yds
95 td's
5 bowl game MVP's

No, he was not surrounded my amazing talent at NC State. But of course, a stellar college career doesn't equate to a star NFL QB, but it should give you the benefit of the doubt. ( doesn't on here though, lol)

L.T.21 said:
Hmm..please remind me what he did in college? Im actually interested as someone who's seen him play in COLLEGE, what was it about him? Did he not win games, etc...?
Was it because he was surrounded by amazing talent on his team at N.C. State, similar to what Matt L. has with USC? What was it?
no arm strength, bad deep ball, can't throw to the sidelines at all, no mobility, bad mechanics (better now), horrible release, etc

the talent around a player means nothing when scouting QBs. maybe to the ignorant

bg34 said:
2nd All-time in passing yds
95 td's
5 bowl game MVP's

No, he was not surrounded my amazing talent at NC State. But of course, a stellar college career doesn't equate to a star NFL QB, but it should give you the benefit of the doubt. ( doesn't on here though, lol)
should give him the benefit of the doubt? what the hell does that mean :lol:

being the mvp of 3 citrus bowls isn't too impressive, especially considering he lost one of them (and didn't even do that well in the game, i have no clue why he won the MVP). nothing he does translates well to the NFL

kastofsna120 said:
no arm strength, bad deep ball, can't throw to the sidelines at all, no mobility, bad mechanics (better now), horrible release, etc

the talent around a player means nothing when scouting QBs. maybe to the ignorant

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Back
Top Bottom