Dont kill me DIEHARDS........but | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dont kill me DIEHARDS........but

Finfolife said:
I have been a DIEHARD DOLPH since the womb. But, I have a question would you DIEHARDS start Brendon Ayanbadejo, Tony Bua, or Channing Crowder over Zack(54) for speed purpose only. I have noticed and I'm sure you guys have to seen how teams take advantage of Zacks(54) lack of speed. Dont get me wrong ZACK is the MAN. But speed on defense is extremely important IN ALL AREAS. FEEDBACK PLEASE. WAR FINNNSSSSSS!!!!!1

Speed is nothing without awareness and recognition. You need to understand what's going on around you, and anticipate what is going to happen in front of you. Otherwise your speed is irrelevant. And when you're not taking yourself out of a play, the opponent will be. You also need to be able to avoid and shed blockers.

Make no mistake, Zach still has his speed. But the reason Zach still makes an impact in this league because he prepares as well as anyone. When he sees something happen in front of him, there's no hesitation. He is full steam ahead. That's instinct and preparation.

If I were bringing a speed LB corps, I'd start Eddie Moore over Brendan Ayanbadejo. And I'd start Derrick Pope over Tony Bua.

Moore is a very fast LB who can run and hit. Pope is Tony Bua with 20 more pounds on his frame. There's no room for a 212-pound LB in Nick Saban's defense. That's why he's playing safety again.

If speed is all that matters let put Chris Chambers at MLB lol.

Zach does so much for his team and is there on the majority of tackles. He plays the game from side line to side line and is definately not slow. He is a pro bowl mlb. When he starts to lose a step or two then by all means lets have some competition for the job. All the other lbs mentioned have done nothing in the league. Let them earn our respect. Yet I am surprised a few of you dont have respect for Zach!

Not to dismiss the importance of speed but you simply cant replace zach until we've seen whether or not he can handle playing in this system. We knows the 4-3 has protected him and that he has weaknesses like any other player but to just give his spot away because of 1 training camp....cant do it imo. Hes got to play poorly enough during the season to actually lose his spot.

Finfolife said:
Channing..(6'2")speed demon, Pope..(5'11")..more speed than Zack..Ayanbadejo..(6'1")..more speed and athelitcism than Zack also.I RESPECT YOUR OPINION..but speed I think is very important. WAR FINNNNS!!!!

Aren't you guys forgetting Corey Banks, more speed and size

Zach's instincts, intelligence and heart are the reasons that he is an all-pro. You can't replace him with anyone else on our roster. Im sure his backups are more physically agile then him, but the reason they wont start is because of the intangibles that zach has.

Ohio Fanatic said:
How many middle LB's don't get burned on deep routes?:shakeno: They ALL do. They are LB's, not cornerbacks or safeties.

understood, but not all defenses allow that type of coverage to take place where the MLB is man to man with a RB streaking down the middle of the field....

I think Muck makes the best point. It would be very dificult to find someone better prepared than Zach and that counts for a lot. Remember the comment about "they always knew where to find me" no longer applies either. Zach is a gamer who might suprise us all this year. If we find that one of our new guys is better than Zach Thomas we will have hit a goldmine, I pray for it !

So you want Chris Chambers playing MLB?

Finfolife said:
Channing..(6'2")speed demon, Pope..(5'11")..more speed than Zack..Ayanbadejo..(6'1")..more speed and athelitcism than Zack also.I RESPECT YOUR OPINION..but speed I think is very important. WAR FINNNNS!!!!
So let's put Chambers or Boston at MLB! :lol: Get real. Zach is known as a quick LB who does well in coverage. He actually gets an INT or two every year.

MDFINFAN said:
Aren't you guys forgetting Corey Banks, more speed and size

I think you mean Corey Jenkins and he doesn't have more size.

Korey Banks is a CB.

What the hell!? "Zack(54)" isn't slow. Zach is one of the better cover linebackers. You can see him 40 yards down field covering a receiver. And he's a MLB.

Finfolife said:
I have been a DIEHARD DOLPH since the womb. But, I have a question would you DIEHARDS start Brendon Ayanbadejo, Tony Bua, or Channing Crowder over Zack(54) for speed purpose only. I have noticed and I'm sure you guys have to seen how teams take advantage of Zacks(54) lack of speed. Dont get me wrong ZACK is the MAN. But speed on defense is extremely important IN ALL AREAS. FEEDBACK PLEASE. WAR FINNNSSSSSS!!!!!1

Whew man, thanks so much for reminding us all several times what Zach's number is.

Good thing for this post, or else I would have forgotten.

TerryTate said:
Zach's instincts, intelligence and heart are the reasons that he is an all-pro. You can't replace him with anyone else on our roster. Im sure his backups are more physically agile then him, but the reason they wont start is because of the intangibles that zach has.

PRECISELY.

Why are so many people on here suggesting that one of the best linebackers in football is all of a sudden going to be a liability???

Just crazy. :shakeno:

Finfolife said:

Some people can just play football--and zach is one of them. I remember a safety that played for dallas, Bill Bates. Athletically he was nothing special, but boy could he play football

Back
Top Bottom