Dont kill me DIEHARDS........but | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dont kill me DIEHARDS........but

Not only is Zach the best LB on the team right now, but one of the guys in the league. I say 2 or 3 years before he even gets seriosly challenged by any of the young guys, but the young guys will probubly be taking over the other spots very soon.

Finfolife said:
I have been a DIEHARD DOLPH since the womb. But, I have a question would you DIEHARDS start Brendon Ayanbadejo, Tony Bua, or Channing Crowder over Zack(54) for speed purpose only. I have noticed and I'm sure you guys have to seen how teams take advantage of Zacks(54) lack of speed. Dont get me wrong ZACK is the MAN. But speed on defense is extremely important IN ALL AREAS. FEEDBACK PLEASE. WAR FINNNSSSSSS!!!!!1

That's an interesting question since under the Wanny/JJ scheme, Zach's speed was not an issue..his job generally was to fill the gaps and stuff the run...When Zach was called on to cover a RB or TE in Wanny's scheme, he was usually exploited badly, particularly the last couple of years. Under the Saban scheme, he might have to do more coverage work, but it will be in a more confined space, which will help. Bruschi and McGinnest and the rest of the Pats group are probably slower than Zach or not much faster if at all. The issue will be that Saban will have to alter his scheme to account for the lack of size that Zach will work under...Zach is still pretty quick in a confined area, not necessarily fast though..

This is the dumbest thread ever. Go read my article in the commentary titled "Zach is still the man". There I point out that he is still one of the top 3 or 4 LBs in the league statistically. There is nothing wrong with the guy. This speed and size crap is just stupid. The guy is in the top area of the league in tackles every year, and still everyone wants to dish on him.

You people have the "great hope" syndrome. You always think that "xyz" player is the next infound miracle. Fact is these guys are evaluated by the best in the business They are not starters or stars because they are just not good enough. We have few great players on this team. Zach,Jason, Chambers, McMichael, Ricky appreciate what you have.

Speed is great but if it were everything than Michael Bennett would be the best RB in the league, Donte Stallworth would be the best WR, and Terrell Suggs probably would not of been a 1st rd pick, it's football not track. Zach has been a great football player since his arrivial and Crowder will probably take over for him in an upcoming season, but starting players whose biggest impact on the game probably will be on special teams over one of the best LB's in the league because they maybe faster seems a bit ridiculous to me.

zach has been to the pro bowl, his stats year after year speak for themselves. the other three/four guys are totally unproven and inexperienced. starting them over zach is suicide. 'nuff said.

First of all Bua is now a safety. Second Derrick Pope has been moved to the outside. Channing Crowder is the guy who can play all 3 LB spots and Eddie Moore probably won't be more than a ST standout (hopefully) and a backup at all 3 LB positions but doesn't have the size of a Saban LB from what I know. Spragan I think will battle Crowder for the SAM LB position and if Crowder loses out I think he will split time with Seau and work him in slowly and determine which position suits Channing best. The bottom line is Zach is the starter in the middle this year and if we run a 3-4 he still won't come off the field. Now after this season I wouldn't be surprised if Zach is traded if the young LBs make progress and there is a surprise or 2 like Lionel Turner or Winston Taylor making the team and showing starting capabilities in the future.

Finfolife said:
I have been a DIEHARD DOLPH since the womb. But, I have a question would you DIEHARDS start Brendon Ayanbadejo, Tony Bua, or Channing Crowder over Zack(54) for speed purpose only. I have noticed and I'm sure you guys have to seen how teams take advantage of Zacks(54) lack of speed. Dont get me wrong ZACK is the MAN. But speed on defense is extremely important IN ALL AREAS. FEEDBACK PLEASE. WAR FINNNSSSSSS!!!!!1

He's one of the best cover LB's in the game. He only gets beat when he gets matched against RB's and TE's going deep. Aren't too many middle LB's that can run downfield one on one with a RB or good TE.
What is it with some of you guys and Tony Bua? He's a good ST player, nothing else. He's too slow to start at S and he's too small to play LB (215-220 lbs). I love watching him hit people too, but there is a lot more to being a starter than just laying a good hit on an opponent.

Wake up stupid

Every LB on the Dolphins wishes they could play like ZT. He may not be as big or as fast as those other guys, but he gets to the ball sooner and makes more sure tackles. So even though they are bigger and faster ZT is still a better LB.
Maybe in a couple of years he will really slow down and those other guys can come in and play, but not now.

Mod Note: Derogatory personal comments directed at fellow members are prohibited in all forums except The Depths. Comment on the substance of the post, not the member. Next incidence gets you time off to review the rules more carefully.

As you were.:)

P4E

That makes alot of sense. But Zack just does not have the speed to keep up with (TE) AND SOME (WR) awareness is important but to have ALL of the intangibles of the game to me thats the total package and you are ranked among the ELITE IN THE GAME.
Muck said:
Speed is nothing without awareness and recognition. You need to understand what's going on around you, and anticipate what is going to happen in front of you. Otherwise your speed is irrelevant. And when you're not taking yourself out of a play, the opponent will be. You also need to be able to avoid and shed blockers.

Make no mistake, Zach still has his speed. But the reason Zach still makes an impact in this league because he prepares as well as anyone. When he sees something happen in front of him, there's no hesitation. He is full steam ahead. That's instinct and preparation.

(TE) and some (RB) my bad DIEHARDS again dont get me wrong I give ZACK HIS PROPS we will see what kind of difference he makes in ths 3-4 defense. WAR FINSSS!!!!
Finfolife said:
That makes alot of sense. But Zack just does not have the speed to keep up with (TE) AND SOME (WR) awareness is important but to have ALL of the intangibles of the game to me thats the total package and you are ranked among the ELITE IN THE GAME.

Other guys are bigger and faster but Zack is first and foremost a big-time football player. None of those other guys can carry his jockstrap in this regard.

TarHeelFinFan said:
Zach starts until the day HE chooses to hang is cleats for the last time.

Yup, x2.

If your going to pretend like you know everything about Zach, at least spell his name right.

Zach, not Zack.

Back
Top Bottom