Don’t Overthink This, Miami Dolphins. Your Starting Quarterback Should Be Josh Rosen | Opinion | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don’t Overthink This, Miami Dolphins. Your Starting Quarterback Should Be Josh Rosen | Opinion

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
1d630045-1ab6-4007-8bf6-7f9f686ee973-josh-rosen-dolphins.jpg

The Miami Dolphins and new coach Brian Flores are trying to do the right thing with the most important position. All indications through the first half of this NFL preseason suggest that.

Josh Rosen is getting the vast majority of snaps at quarterback. The stage is his to prove he deserves to start, or that he does not.

He does. He has shown enough. Flores’ decision on a starter is unmade, or at least unannounced, but it should be clear to him by now. On merit and for other reasons perhaps even more important, Rosen should be given the keys to this season, and that should be unequivocal.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/greg-cote/article234087667.html

It Rosen job to prevent team from drafting a Qb next yr. I can talk bad about thill17 but he kept dolphins from drafting in top10 as starter.

Of course. What does starting Fitzpatrick do for us?

The only thing I can think of is that RF locks us into a top 3 pick if he starts 10 games, then you see what Rosen can do the last month and a half?

Worst case scenario JR plays so well down the stretch we fell out of the top draft spots.

I would’ve named Fitzpatrick the starter back in April with the caveat that Rosen will definitely get his chance in the regular season.

There was no need to have a classic QB “competition” when this situation is anything but classic.

At the end of the day though, everything gets answered out on the field.

couldnt agree more. this team winning 5-6 games with fitz is worst case scenario.

3-4 wins with rosen should get us in position to land herbert or tua.

Rosen hasn’t looked fantastic, but Fitzpatrick has looked worse in both preseason games. Noticeably worse. And even if you don’t see Rosen being your long term solution, let him play a full 16 games and hope he plays well enough to trade away for yet another pick in the 2020 draft.

I don’t like the way the ball nose dives on rosen at times. You got to make that 4th down td throw to isiah ford.

Period

Rosen hasn’t looked fantastic, but Fitzpatrick has looked worse in both preseason games. Noticeably worse. And even if you don’t see Rosen being your long term solution, let him play a full 16 games and hope he plays well enough to trade away for yet another pick in the 2020 draft.
Dude if he plays well why on God’s green earth would you trade him?????????

I was of the opinion that Fitz would probably start the season, and play 1-3 games before handing the reigns to to Rosen, but after the way each has been playing (Rosen pretty good, while getting better each week...Fitz not as good, looking worse each week), I now believe Rosen needs to start.

I can't even believe Fitz is starting next week...what do we learn with Fitz starting. Makes no sense.

Last edited:
we have been a dysfunctional franchise for quite awhile now. The only common sense option from new regime is to start Rosen no matter what. You need to know if he has chance at being future Qb. Any talk of starting Fitz is ridiculous. Hopefully the right decision is made.

Starting Fitzgerald for any significant portion of the season is proof positive that decisions in the NFL are made for business reasons and not football reasons.

God forbid the fans deal with a season in which the team is non-competitive from the jump but building for the future as opposed to scraping together enough wins to damage their draft positioning while having nothing but an illusory chance at a wild card berth.

Back
Top Bottom