Don't Take This The Wrong Way!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don't Take This The Wrong Way!!

DolfanF150

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Just passing along some news I got from Broncosfreak.com:

Denver RB Clinton Portis is expected to miss at least one game do to the injury he sustained in yesterday's game. I think it is a Sprainerd knee and ankle. The Broncos go to Indy next week so that looks like a good spot for them to struggle but you never know. Last years Denver vs Indy game on Sunday night football was a GREAT game.

I am not a person who cheers for injuries (even though I'm from New England :D) but I'd be lying if I told you I didn't think this helps our chances of having Denver lose. THIS TEAM HAS TO TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS TONIGHT OR THEY HAVE NO HEART.

Even if the Phins lose on MNF, they can still back in

Originally posted by wileydawg
Even if the Phins lose on MNF, they can still back in

No they can't. Denver's got the tiebreaker over them with a better AFC record. If the Dolphins lose tonight, a Denver win OR a Miami loss in either of the next two games eliminates the 'Fins. To get in the playoffs Miami has to have a better record than the Broncos.

Originally posted by cportis26

No they can't. Denver's got the tiebreaker over them with a better AFC record. If the Dolphins lose tonight, a Denver win OR a Miami loss in either of the next two games eliminates the 'Fins. To get in the playoffs Miami has to have a better record than the Broncos.

Actually, yes they can. If Miami loses tonight they are 8-6. Then, if they win their last two they are 10-6. If Denver loses their last two, that puts them at 9-7. Unlikely situation, but certainly possible.

Originally posted by cportis26

Denver is not going to beat Indy IMO without Portis

I don't think a team backs into the playoffs if they win their last two games, regardless of what the Broncos do in their games. Now if we were talking about the Broncos and they lost their last 2 games and still got in the playoffs, I would call that backing in.

Just shows Shanahan is a Jack *** for trying to score a TD when they had a fist and Goal in OT. He has noone to blame but himself. Too Bad Portis got hurt, he is awesome. Hopefully Denver loses 1 game now though...........

Originally posted by wileydawg

Denver is not going to beat Indy IMO without Portis

We're so inconsistent, it's tough to tell. Anderson's not a bad back and he is more physical than Portis so there's a plus, but he's not the threat to take it the distance every time he touches it. A lot of it will depend on Shanahan, who gets too conservative IMO if any one of his skill position starters are out. Then there's the defense that can look like they did vs. KC in the first half allowing 3 TDs on 3 drives, or the one in the 2nd half that shut them out until there were 2 seconds left in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Dolphin Dan
Just shows Shanahan is a Jack *** for trying to score a TD when they had a fist and Goal in OT. He has noone to blame but himself. Too Bad Portis got hurt, he is awesome. Hopefully Denver loses 1 game now though...........

Swirling wind + gimpy kicker = good call by Shanahan

Bottom line is they can't have the same record because Denver has the better conf record.

Did not know about wind and Elam injury, so My bad..........I did think they had the wind since Cleveland got the ball first.

The announcers kept saying it was at Denver's back, but if you looked at the flags on the goalposts you could tell that wasn't completely true. Elam's kick to tie it at the end of regulation was supposedly into the wind, but the kick started just inside the right goal post and was almost blown wide on the other side.

Back
Top Bottom