Dont the Fins ever learn there lesson!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dont the Fins ever learn there lesson!!

MARLINSFAN305

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Im tired with the Dolphins taking chances with "high risk" guys to fill impt need positions. Havent they learned by now? Cecil Collins, Lawrence Philips to name a few. It would be ok to sign David Boston to "add depth to the position". But after being burned with thses kind of players, the Fins should've added a player (WR) through the draft. If they want to continue signing these players, they need to protect themselves just in case he doesnt pan out which the Fins didnt do. Now it looks as though we might continue to lose draft picks. You know the Fins have the kanck of never going to easy way to solve problems and wouldnt suprise me if they gave a pick to get a WR like Dennis Northcutt. The team trading w/ us will prob squeeze us into given a high pick b/c of our perceived "desperation" and less picks for us AGAIN in next years draft. Im frustrated as you can see. Cant the Fins ever get it right!

Chances of a wide reciever drafted to impact next year is low. You are talking about solving a "high risk" situation by trying another "high risk" situation

MARLINSFAN305 said:
Im tired with the Dolphins taking chances with "high risk" guys to fill impt need positions. Havent they learned by now? Cecil Collins, Lawrence Philips to name a few. It would be ok to sign David Boston to "add depth to the position". But after being burned with thses kind of players, the Fins should've added a player (WR) through the draft. If they want to continue signing these players, they need to protect themselves just in case he doesnt pan out which the Fins didnt do. Now it looks as though we might continue to lose draft picks. You know the Fins have the kanck of never going to easy way to solve problems and wouldnt suprise me if they gave a pick to get a WR like Dennis Northcutt. The team trading w/ us will prob squeeze us into given a high pick b/c of our perceived "desperation" and less picks for us AGAIN in next years draft. Im frustrated as you can see. Cant the Fins ever get it right!

You can't compare Phillips and Collins to Boston. Phillips played in the NFL for a couple years, and never had a good season. I don't think he even hit 500 yards before the Phins signed for the league minimum as their 3rd back. Collins was drafted in the 3rd round, and only played 1 1/2 seasons in college. He never played in the NFL. Boston is a former all-pro, and is only 25. His worst season was 60+ catches and 800 yards. If he just duplicates his worst season he would be a tremendous upgrade over second WR last year.

It's May. Settle down. The only reason we are hearing all this little $hit is because there is nothing else going on. Yes, it is a BORING time, and all these reporters are pulling stuff out of their a$$. We did the right thing in getting Boston, and we made the deal very low risk. Things will be fine. Think about it, even if Boston puts up the figures he did last year (as out 2nd receiver), we will be in a better position as a team. I still think we will see an improvement in Ricky's, CC's, and Mcmikes numbers because of Boston. Relax for now.

Dajesus said:
You can't compare Phillips and Collins to Boston. Phillips played in the NFL for a couple years, and never had a good season. I don't think he even hit 500 yards before the Phins signed for the league minimum as their 3rd back. Collins was drafted in the 3rd round, and only played 1 1/2 seasons in college. He never played in the NFL. Boston is a former all-pro, and is only 25. His worst season was 60+ catches and 800 yards. If he just duplicates his worst season he would be a tremendous upgrade over second WR last year.

Collins was the first pick in the 5th round, and played a lot in his rookie season. I really can't blame him for what he did.......he only wanted to look at her! :mdfin:

Crude, rude, obnoxious, bloated ego=70 catches for 880 yards with 7 tds

Quiet, reserved, polite, team player=26 catches for 359 yards with 0 tds

Enuff said?

ZOD said:
Crude, rude, obnoxious, bloated ego=70 catches for 880 yards with 7 tds

Quiet, reserved, polite, team player=26 catches for 359 yards with 0 tds

Enuff said?

AMEN

MARLINSFAN305 said:

:shakeno:
You'd think the Fins weren't the winningest team in the NFL

Not sure, but since it is May 7, is not a little early to be calling the trade for Boston a bust? Considering what little we gave up, I don't think the term "bust can apply regardless of what happens. Let's just relax a bit here. I know we are all bored the thought of waiting 4 more months until the season starts is making us all craizer than Kyle Turley, but we nees to cool our jets........Ah I hate the Jets. :mad:

I wouldn't give up on Boston yet. It was a risky move but his talent may make ot worth it if he gets his act together. the grumblings out of dolphin HQs hasn't been good but it's a little quick to give up on him.

JCfinfan said:
It's May. Settle down. The only reason we are hearing all this little $hit is because there is nothing else going on. Yes, it is a BORING time, and all these reporters are pulling stuff out of their a$$. We did the right thing in getting Boston, and we made the deal very low risk. Things will be fine. Think about it, even if Boston puts up the figures he did last year (as out 2nd receiver), we will be in a better position as a team. I still think we will see an improvement in Ricky's, CC's, and Mcmikes numbers because of Boston. Relax for now.
Could not have said it better myself. All the people I work with are getting all worked up over this as well. At least wait for the season and see how he produces. If he sucks then... I will be right there with the masses saying it sucks. I just won't say it now (before we have even put on pads!!!) Come on now.

Even if Boston does suck (which i doubt he will....IMO hes still a major improvement over DT) then the trade isnt a huge bust. We gave up what, a 6th rounder for this guy? Thats squat for a guy of his talent.

MARLINSFAN305 said:

Right now taking high risk is all Miami has left. The past couple of weeks it seems Wayne is a little tired of making it just short and wants this more then ever now. So the FO got Boston with the advantage of having Jerry. Its only May, worry about this in August

Back
Top Bottom