Dont the Fins ever learn there lesson!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dont the Fins ever learn there lesson!!

i agree

with jcfinfan... we're just going crazy about this beacuse there's nothing else going on...

Poor drafts the last 4 years cause us to have to search and scour the wires for FAs that can fill needs. That being said, Boston is not as much a "risk" as you think. The cost is minimal. He basically only gets paid for what he plays. The Fins have been active with these type players, but have had some successes....Ogun and RW for a couple. There was a b/u RB we had a few years ago coming off a bad leg injury at the Pro Bowl too (I can't remember his name, but he didn't impact the team significantly but was quality b/u for L. Smith.) But this is the price we pay for not being prudent in our drafts. It's not a bad way to go under the circumstances. It will take a couple of drafts to get out of the circle of relying on FAs. Part of the issue with this is where the Fins draft on a yearly basis. We continually get the 20-30 picks where you will not get major impact players normally. NE is the best example, but they had to have 1-15 season and a couple of 6-10 seasons to get where they are now. I don't want to pay that price personally. As has been said before, lets take a step back, maybe watch the Marlins a little, and evaluate things better when we get to summer camp. By that time, the June 1 FAs will be on the roster too.

I don't think anyone is worried about boston playing poorly as much as people are worried he will be a cancer and have the lockerroom divided.

If teammates think a player isn't playing hard, they lose respect and trust for them. If your teammates don't respect and trust each other (I didn't say anything about liking them) than you don't have a team.

Without a team you just have a bunch of individuals out there with their own agendas.

6th rd pick, and it will mean something.

It means we have the same quadrant of WR's we had last year that we tried so hard to upgrade.

Not taking PK Sam was a dumb move then, and it is becoming increasingly more so now.

While it is obviously conceded he would not have been a viable option as a starter as a rookie, at least making a play to hedge their bet with a talented WR who should have been gone lone before would have been prudent over another special teams player with no chance of ever starting in this league.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
Chances of a wide reciever drafted to impact next year is low. You are talking about solving a "high risk" situation by trying another "high risk" situation

Yeah !!!!!!

Why couldn't the Phins have signed T-O ??

:shakeno:

:yikes:

Marino1983

Did I miss something? Did Boston do something during mini camp that prompted this thread?

Yes, We barely gave up anything for Boston. That wasnt my point for making this thread. My point was that we left the draft as though we have no question mark at receiver when we do even if Boston does pan out. I said they should've tried to upgrade the position and see whatever Boston gives us as an extra. And knowing how the Fins are, they prob wouldnt settle for a June cut and would trade for a WR like Northcutt and give up a 4th rounder.

High Risk is not fixing the OLine. I dont care about our WR THIS year we needed OLine first and foremost. Boston, why not? If he messes up we got him for a steal and it wont hurt that much, and it let us address OLine.

Back
Top Bottom