Don't throw Daunte under the bus quite yet... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don't throw Daunte under the bus quite yet...

One NFL executive in attendance at the Superdome Wednesday said Russell would go no lower than sixth in the draft and as high as No. 1 overall. Quarterbacks get pushed up in the draft, he said, and Russell is likely to grade out higher than several of the quarterbacks who have entered the NFL in recent years. In other words, Russell's upside is so high that few teams could consider bypassing him to fill another need. In a league where the quarterback position is so critical -- just ask Nick Saban -- Russell is the kind of player a franchise could build around for a decade. Quinn will be solid, no doubt. Barring injury, however, Russell will be a superstar. "If the Raiders want a big-armed guy who can throw the deep ball and fit their personality, he's bound to be their guy," said the executive, speaking on the condition of anonymity. "Really, I don't see any way the two quarterbacks (Russell and Quinn) don't go 1-2. It's almost a lock." - Neal McCready, Mobile Register

After reading that....I'd throw Culpepper under the bus, truck and trolley car...if we could get Russell.

Please note the just ask Satan...part....you just have to love it.

It's stupid to think the dolphins should draft a qb with the ninth pick in the draft... you might as well think we should draft adrian peterson or marshawn lynch, if he does well at the combine, and for the same reason we should get a qb....ronnie brown got hurt his first year as a feature back, ricky williams hasn't proven that he can make any contributions recently, why not go with a running back to back up ronnie brown

The dolphins need to make a quality pick at the #9 spot but it needs to be at a spot that needs some help, such as OLB.... patrick willis from ole miss or trade down and take posluszny and then go OL in the second or third round, and then wait and see if someone like troy smith or tyler palko slips on draft day, even taking chris leak in the later rounds would make sense, but don't waste the first round with a quarterback

Big difference between throwing Daunte under the bus and having a legitimate plan in place in case he can't play at an NFL level again.

come on now, the 9th pick needs to be a WR. Chris Chambers sucks and is overated. We need a WR that the QB can throw too. 2nd round OL and third best available.

TED GINN JR. OHIO STATE
or
DWAYNE JARRETT USC

With us being at #9,I highly doubt,with almost certainty,that Russell will be gone.We could move up,but I hope not.Our drafts the last few years are nothing short of disappointment.Keep the pick,and grab the best player on the board.We need to get better and younger at most positions.I know some of you guys'll disagree,but that's how I feel ....at least right now.

If Ricky comes back then I would be happy with the RB situation. With both of them we have the talent to keep the running game going the entire season. I would not want to pick another rb in the first. It really depends on how the picks go. Look at how much last years QBs dropped during the draft. If any of the two top QBs are available I would take them at 9th, but I would not make any crazy trades to get either of them. We have so many positions to build that whoever we take there will be an upgrade. We need CBs, OL, WR, QB, DL, and LB. I have a feeling that we will have to draft another corner at #9.

Patrick Willis is a great pick @ #9...then we draft the cb out of Fresno St. He is big with great speed. In the 3rd we draft the best o-lineman. It could be a C, OG or T. Someone will fall from the 3rd round. Aaron Sears will be a stud! The two guards from Auburn will also be starters in the NFL.
:dolphins:

Well, in reference to the title of this thread. We at Finheaven throw people under the bus after one SERIES, so you can forget trying to convince people that Daunte is still a good quarterback after FOUR games.

I would love to see Daunte come back and play good next year ! I would not take A Q.B. in the first round I would honestly wait until next year to draft or sign A Q.B. to see if Daunte flops again, I would try and sign Adalius Thomas as are big offseason move the man is an ANIMAL, and that would fill that gap then you draft o-line like maybe even trade back and gain another pick if you feel you can get the guy you want later. The story is we got Daunte thats not so mobile anymore Ronnie and Ricky to protect lets help them out A bit and build A barrier I really think thats are keys to success!

Pass on QUINN...

Dude hasn't shown that he can beat a quality, fast defensive team in college. What makes you think he will beat the worst NFL teams? He doesn't impress me.

It's stupid to think the dolphins should draft a qb with the ninth pick in the draft... you might as well think we should draft adrian peterson or marshawn lynch, if he does well at the combine, and for the same reason we should get a qb....ronnie brown got hurt his first year as a feature back, ricky williams hasn't proven that he can make any contributions recently, why not go with a running back to back up ronnie brown

The dolphins need to make a quality pick at the #9 spot but it needs to be at a spot that needs some help, such as OLB.... patrick willis from ole miss or trade down and take posluszny and then go OL in the second or third round, and then wait and see if someone like troy smith or tyler palko slips on draft day, even taking chris leak in the later rounds would make sense, but don't waste the first round with a quarterback

If a frachise type QB is available a # 9. You can not pass up the opportunity to draft him. These type of opportunities don't come around very often.
Hopefully, Lemon works out to be a solid starter, then we can draft him and groom him for a year. You have to take the chance. If Daunte gets 100 % healthy, then let the battle begin and we may have a situation like San Diego did with Brees and Rivers. It worked out all right for them.

I'm sorry but this is the kind of thinking that has put us in the hole we're in. Danute is considered to be a long shot at best. It is doubtful he will ever start again. If you put him on the trade block you would not get a 4th round pick for him. There is no sign he will ever be what he was for one season, a season where he still couldn't make a deep playoff run although he was on a very talented team. He was not a clutch player when he was able to play his game.
On the other hand if he does go against every thing everyone in the know thinks, and becomes something he has NEVER been, a winner, what would be wrong with having two quality QBs. Look at SD or ATL. Both will get more value out of their extra QB than what they gave up to get them. Even if Danute turns out to be the second coming of Marino (which is a joke) it will still be a good idea to get one of the two QBs. It is beyond STUPID to put all your eggs in one basket, especially when that basket has no bottom. If you are banking on Danute to be your only starting option with no backup plan your dumber than dirt.

Whether Daunte is kept will be dependent on what type of offensive system we employ next year. If we get Cam Cameron, he's probably gone. If we get Ken Whisenhunt we may retain him. Its all going to depend on whether the new coach is looking for physical attributes or cerebral attributes. Cameron would probably feel more comfortable with a Harrington while Whisenhunt might prefer Daunte's arm to stretch the field

Dude people wanted Daunte out of here after that game against Pittsburgh. (Where he was the reason we even had a shot late in that game.) Four games for most Dolphins' fans is an eternitity and most will throw a guy out after that. They just don't get it and don't realize that he is our quarterback.

Back
Top Bottom