Dose anybody really know what Sage's abilities really are? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dose anybody really know what Sage's abilities really are?

Well, if Nick holds true to his word, we'll see what Sage has. Nick said it's an open quarterback competition and the best player would start. That shouldn't apply to only Feeley and Frerotte, but to Sage as well. If Sage doesn't start, then we'll know he's not the best player.

fishfan34 said:
Well, if Nick holds true to his word, we'll see what Sage has. Nick said it's an open quarterback competition and the best player would start. That shouldn't apply to only Feeley and Frerotte, but to Sage as well. If Sage doesn't start, then we'll know he's not the best player.

also, I believe that Wanny came out last year and said that Sage was probably the best QB in camp

outlawd2u said:
WoW!!!!! Sage played just as well in that game as Feeley did in any game he played last season(except maybe the New England Game). I just don't understand, all the excuses that everybody had for Feeley last year, but they only applied to him???? His O-line sucked, no running game, his inexperience, etc...... Do you think that one game that Sage played, the O-line played at a pro Bowl Level, our RB's turned into Jim Brown's and Sage a guy who was starting HIS FIRST game all of a sudden became a seasoned vet???? All I kept hearing from Feeley supporters was give him time, give him time it's stupid to judge him off of this season, yet Sage plays ONE GAME!!!!! And you're ready to call him garbage when he performs at about the same level that our other QB's did last season under the same circumstances
He surprised me when a few plays and I was impressed. I know it's not fair to judge him or Feeley behind last year's offensive line and last years running game. From what I saw though, I didn't like Sage's decision making though... but I didn't like AJ's decision making either. I wasn't just singling out Sage. Both QB's played like THIRD STRING QB's last year. And as for why I was surprised we re-signed him. I thought it was a possibliity that we were going to pursue a rookie QB through the draft. Well we didn't but with picked up a UDFA in Brock Berlin... so now whoever makes the team between the two is up in there. And I'm not sure where you got the idea of me calling him garbage? I even said that he surprised me right away throwing a 76 yard bomb to Chris Chambers and had 1 or 2 really nice plays. But for the most part he looked like a third stringer QB which is true... and he had poor decision making. And I also said he he'll probably stay on the team unless Brock Berlin impresses the coaching staff which means that I think he has the advantage thus far. I didn't mean to refer to him as "GARBAGE".

Goin` Deep said:
Couldn`t have said it better myself! God, I hope Frerotte just tears it up in camp, so there`s no doubt who our starter is.

So if AJ beats Frerotte out, does AJ or Saban get hammered by you?

Honest question...

Roman529 said:
Wasn't his bomb to Chambers after Fiedler got his nose smashed and then AJ hurt his rear end??? I still remember the time Feeley got smacked on the butt by a Dolphin player and seeing AJ hopping around in pain....it was kind of funny.
Sage is ok....I would still have him as our #3 and our clipboard holder over Berlin.

Ya I remember that HAHA that sh1t was funny as hell

painnotpleasure said:
Both QB's played like THIRD STRING QB's last year. QUOTE]
Behind that line anyone, even Peyton Manning would have looked like 3rd string last year...

Question, would have Manning broken Dan's TD record last year with that OL, even with Harrison and Wayne in there?

Disnardo said:
painnotpleasure said:
Both QB's played like THIRD STRING QB's last year. QUOTE]
Behind that line anyone, even Peyton Manning would have looked like 3rd string last year...

Question, would have Manning broken Dan's TD record last year with that OL, even with Harrison and Wayne in there?
Nope, he definitely wouldn't have. Almost any QB would have looked like a 3rd string behind our O-line last year... I agree with that... I'm not sure why anyone ever assumed that I didn't. :hmmm:

outlawd2u said:
WoW!!!!! Sage played just as well in that game as Feeley did in any game he played last season(except maybe the New England Game). I just don't understand, all the excuses that everybody had for Feeley last year, but they only applied to him???? His O-line sucked, no running game, his inexperience, etc...... Do you think that one game that Sage played, the O-line played at a pro Bowl Level, our RB's turned into Jim Brown's and Sage a guy who was starting HIS FIRST game all of a sudden became a seasoned vet???? All I kept hearing from Feeley supporters was give him time, give him time it's stupid to judge him off of this season, yet Sage plays ONE GAME!!!!! And you're ready to call him garbage when he performs at about the same level that our other QB's did last season under the same circumstances

Very good point, but this is turning into another AJ thread! I can't wait until all of WANSPIEL'S problems are gone.

It was Sage in disguise who hit A.J.'s butt! Conspiracy theory!

outlawd2u said:

It's obvious that the OL did not play well last year. They did, however, improve as the season went on. Amazingly, so did our QB play and our RBs play improve...LOL I wasn't anymore impressed with Sage, at least not like I thought I would be. After his first throw, his play deteriated and he showed why he could not beat out Ears or AJ. The reason many of us defend AJ is that for one thing Ears is not here anymore and he did not have the benefit of being in Wanny's offensive (and it was) system for several years. He had to learn the keys and develop a rapport with the recievers, which Wanny did not allow him to do. Sage, well the only thing I have to say about him is if he is soooo good, why couldn't he beat out Ears prior to 2004 ??? Look...Sage is what he is...an ok 3rd string QB that you hope you don't have to use.

LarryFinFan said:
It's obvious that the OL did not play well last year. They did, however, improve as the season went on. Amazingly, so did our QB play and our RBs play improve...LOL I wasn't anymore impressed with Sage, at least not like I thought I would be. After his first throw, his play deteriated and he showed why he could not beat out Ears or AJ. The reason many of us defend AJ is that for one thing Ears is not here anymore and he did not have the benefit of being in Wanny's offensive (and it was) system for several years. He had to learn the keys and develop a rapport with the recievers, which Wanny did not allow him to do. Sage, well the only thing I have to say about him is if he is soooo good, why couldn't he beat out Ears prior to 2004 ??? Look...Sage is what he is...an ok 3rd string QB that you hope you don't have to use.

You weren't "Anymore" impressed with Sage!!! This looks like you're saying you weren't any less impressed either, and it was from a QB that had his first start, and had even less time develop a rapport with his recievers than Feeley or Fielder. See you're doing the very same thing I was talking about in my post, Making excuses for Feeley but totally blowing off/dismissing Sage. Oh, and by the way.......... According To Wannstedt Sage actually was beating out AJ, And Fiedler with him saying Sage had the best arm and had the best Camp. Sage also did pretty well in preseason the last two years, Now Wannstedt obviously didn't know what he was doing, but either way you look at it you cannot honestly say for sure that he wasn't the better man for the job. Either Wannstedt didn't know what he was talking when he said Sage was performing better, OR he was, and Wannstedt was too stupid to Play his best player at the most valuable position on an NFL team. Either Way Wannstedt was just lost, and who knows who should have been starting last year

If Sage is all that, how come he has never been considered the starter? And when he bacame a free agent, why didn't any of the other 31 GM's run down here and sigh him away? Are you seeing something in Sage that no personell person in the NFL is seeing? he might be everything that some of you are saying, but it does mystify me. Reminds me of the Kay Jay Harris situation. I don't know enough about him to comment on his NFL potential, but teams drafted 255 times and didn't pick him. Doesn't that say something about how 32 teams felt about him? Then again, stranger things have happened.

Bigbucks24 said:
If Sage is all that, how come he has never been considered the starter? And when he bacame a free agent, why didn't any of the other 31 GM's run down here and sigh him away?

Because Spielman was on OUR team at that time. :goof:

Back
Top Bottom