Dose anybody really know what Sage's abilities really are? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dose anybody really know what Sage's abilities really are?

sports24/7 said:
I doubt the previous coaching staff was dumb enough to keep him there just because they were too rapped up in the Fiedler/Feeley debate.

I don't know... I think you underestimate Wanny and Rick. I wouldn't put anything past the old coaching staff as being "too dumb" for them. :lol:

SanDiegoDolphan said:
He looks big, strong, strapping and all that but if he cant play then why do we keep him. And if he is a diamond in the rough then why the heck does he always ride the freakin' pine?:eek:

Wanny..

Disnardo said:
painnotpleasure said:
Both QB's played like THIRD STRING QB's last year. QUOTE]
Behind that line anyone, even Peyton Manning would have looked like 3rd string last year...

Question, would have Manning broken Dan's TD record last year with that OL, even with Harrison and Wayne in there?

The only thing Manning would have broken behind our line is bones.

SanDiegoDolphan said:
He looks big, strong, strapping and all that but if he cant play then why do we keep him. And if he is a diamond in the rough then why the heck does he always ride the freakin' pine?:eek:
The Sage Rosenfels Experience is the most powerful entertainment idea in the history of this green Earth.

Jnaledu3 said:
Exactly. Its amazing how the same excuses used for Feeley dont apply to Sage. Sage had about the same numbers as Feeley did, and it was his FIRST game.

Coming out of college, Sage was rated higher than Feeley, scored a 31 on the wonderlic versus Feeley's 16, and was drafted in the round before him. Not to mention Sage actually started and played in his years in Iowa.

He showed he had a better arm, better pocket presence, better decision making. But the most glaring aspect I saw of Sage that game was his ability to read the defense. The offense did not have many options for him or hot routes, but you could tell Sage knew what was going to happen when the ball was snapped.

Spielman departure doesnt bode well for Feeley either. Had Saban felt that Feeley was a talented player worthy of the 2nd rounder Spielman gave up for him, he would have kept Spielman around longer. Obviously he didnt.

Yes I will get bashed by Feeley huggers worldwide but I believe that Sage will pass Feeley on the depth chart this year. Frerotte will be number 1, Sage number 2, then Feeley number 3. After this season Feeley will be cut and sink into the abyss of the NFL QB recycling bin.

First off I have to correct you slightly on where Sage went to college. He went to Iowa State.

And as for Spielman leaving I think doesn't really matter because if Saban is the coach I hope he will be . he will give all three equal chances to win starting position. That is the only way he can truly figure out for himself who has the best tools to be the starter.

The way I see it this could be either Sage's chance to show his stuff Or be
the guy toting a clipboard the rest of his career.

Personally I hope it is one of the younger guys because they will be the future of the franchise. Until we draft another Qb.

Back
Top Bottom