draft a QB! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

draft a QB!

wagz

Straight Outta LY
Reaction score
over the past years since marino we havn't had a QB that was above avarage, you know why? because we keep bringin in other team's backups and signing free agents. Im sick of seeing all these QB who should be back ups, what we need to do is draft a QB, once we do it will still take 2 or 3 years tbefore he is likely good, the longer we wait the longer we'll be out of the playoff, it's that simple...

It's about taking the best player available. Not reaching for need. Saban will take the best player available.

wagz said:
over the past years since marino we havn't had a QB that was above avarage...

Marino was the 6th QB of his draft class...As was Gus Frerotte...As was Sage Rosenfels.

I think that we will draft a QB this year. Might not be in the 1st round, but I would atleast think in the first day of the draft. The guy who I think that we will draft will be Charlie Whitehurst. I really hope that we take Chad Greenway with the 1st pick and maybe a CB in the 2nd.

Scuba Steve 13 said:
Please trust Saban.This man has been a genious so far.He will make the right choice.
Irony=spelling genius wrong:lol:
but Im really sick of all the QB threads and draft a QB, any dolphin fan knows we need a QB. But as mentioned above "In Saban we trust."

You take the best available player available, period. Saban won't reach.

Ace88 said:
I think that we will draft a QB this year. Might not be in the 1st round, but I would atleast think in the first day of the draft. The guy who I think that we will draft will be Charlie Whitehurst. I really hope that we take Chad Greenway with the 1st pick and maybe a CB in the 2nd.

i agree. i think we will take a QB, but not necessarily in the 1st rnd. I think that DB and OLB are also pressing needs, but think that we should take the bpa in the first rnd

I think we'll draft one in later rounds this season so he can leanr.

P.S. can anyone tell me how we make threads now??

wagz i totally agree,im sick of all the retreads we seem to bring in.its not a reach if it is a big need and it is a big need.i say lets move up and finally get it done.

If Cutler isn't there then I hope we trade down for more picks if we can find a partner. The draft seems to be pretty deep so even if we only pick up an extra 2-3 rnd pick to move down we should still get some one good.

we must have faith in Saban, the man has proven he is a good evaluator of talent. If Nick decides to go after a QB in the 1st then he must see something special, and if not why would he reach when there is an abundance of talent in other areas which could help fill holes in our problem areas...

Saban will look at BPA AND Need. trust me if a top flight RB drops to us, he'll pick for need as opposed to BPA, otherwise we might end up drafting 3 corners and two running backs.

Every year at least half of the teams in the league are looking for a 'franchise' quarterback. There are no sure things as we all know but your odds go up if you have a top draft choice. The Dolphins don't fall in this category so for us it is Gus or a mediocre free agent and pray we get LUCKY and draft the right QB for the future of the franchise. The odds are against us.

Back
Top Bottom