Draft Malik Willis to give Tua Some Competition Next Year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Malik Willis to give Tua Some Competition Next Year

Mr. Day

Starter
Reaction score
I think the Dolphins should look to draft Malik Willis next year as competition for Tua. With a crappy line, that looks unfixable, you need a bigger quarterback that can run. I know he is not the best in terms of accuracy, but that is what coaching is for. After watching Tannehill keep his job without credible competition, I think that it is a bad idea to give Tua that luxury. Thoughts?

I think the Dolphins should look to draft Malik Willis next year as competition for Tua. With a crappy line, that looks unfixable, you need a bigger quarterback that can run. I know he is not the best in terms of accuracy, but that is what coaching is for. After watching Tannehill keep his job without credible competition, I think that it is a bad idea to give Tua that luxury. Thoughts?
Let's see how Tua performs when he comes back first. Let the season play out and then hopefully we will have a better idea about Tua long term.

aretha-franklin-im-gonna-pass-on-that-one.gif

Let's see how Tua performs when he comes back first. Let the season play out and then hopefully we will have a better idea about Tua long term.
I definitely agree that we should give him a legit shot to show what he can do, but we are already seeing what we expecting. He is a few hard NFL hits from being on the injured list. I know everyone that gets hit like that is injury prone, but I worry a bit more about a guy that has been injured as often as he has at the most important, and hardest to replace position on the field. I would also like to see him unseat a credible backup option. Jacoby Brissett is a nice guy, but he is nothing more than a career backup quarterback. He got dumped by Indianapolis for an on his last leg Philip Rivers. If there is competition at all of the other positions, light a fire under Tua by giving him some competition as well. After the 20 plus years crap show at quarterback, they should keep throwing legitimate resources at the position. There is a reason why there were 30 plus scouts at the Liberty-Syracuse game this past week. I also think that people would be singing a different tune if Malik Willis was playing for Nick Saban at Alabama throwing to 5-star athletes, handing off to 5-star athletes, and receiving blocking from 5 start athletes. How many people had Patrick Mahomes on their radar the year that he got drafted. Pardon my long windedness.

Malik Willis is probably going too high.

I'd absolutely take the gamble on Willis if he fell. But Carson Strong or Desmond Ridder also work for me.

Then again we fast-forward and if we're not using that pick on a new left or right tackle, people will throw fits.

I know for a fact there’s a bunch of teams in the SEC that want to send thank you cards to Gus Malzahn at UCF for letting Malik Willis transfer out of Auburn.

If that kid was still at Auburn paired up with that monster Tank Bigsby - the SEC would have a lot of trouble on their hands.

Malik Willis is probably going too high.

I'd absolutely take the gamble on Willis if he fell. But Carson Strong or Desmond Ridder also work for me.

Then again we fast-forward and if we're not using that pick on a new left or right tackle, people will throw fits.
Let's just keep hoping for 49ers losses.

I’ve made my love for Willis know but I don’t think Boss Ross has the patience for another rookie. I think Watson is going to be a Miami Dolphin.

I'm definitely hoping Miami doesn't have to be in the quarterback market.

Three games in and LT is the biggest need. But it's early. Got to give it time to play out.

I'm definitely hoping Miami doesn't have to be in the quarterback market.

Three games in and LT is the biggest need. But it's early. Got to give it time to play out.
Yep, however I really hope that they get a LT from FA. Ryan Ramczyk from the Saints or Brandon Scherff from the skins would be stellar, Terron Armstead would be very nice too.

Get a run stopping MLB too.

Then look at the draft.

I’ve made my love for Willis know but I don’t think Boss Ross has the patience for another rookie. I think Watson is going to be a Miami Dolphin.

Watson is in the middle of a grand jury investigation to charge him criminally.

With the way a grand jury works, he is all but guaranteed of being criminally indicted.

Back
Top Bottom