Draft Network 7 Round Miami Mock | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Network 7 Round Miami Mock

Accuracy is by far the most important attribute a QB needs to have. Josh Allen can zip the ball better then anyone, the problem is knowing where it will end up. Most of the time, it is anyone guess. If a QB cannot throw with confidence to a specific point on a consistent basis, then how strong his arm is matters very little.

Next I would focus on how well they work in the pocket...can they make subtle movements to avoid pressure and to find passing lanes?

Then I would look at how well they work the field, can they manipulate a DB with their eyes, how often do they lock on to a WR or can they move through their progressions.

Finally, can they create on their own? What happens when the play doesn't workout just right? Are they able to improvise?

Watson and Mahomes are the two most recent drafted QBs who fit this better then anyone. Riddle me confused how a fella like Tribusky was drafted ahead of both these guys, but 5 years from now...the bears will be looking to replace the guy they drafted, while the other two will be sitting on fat contracts with multiple playoff appearances.

This year there in only one player who truly fits what you should look for in a QB...that is Murray. Next year, Tua fits it perfectly and Fromm is there as well. I do like Haskins, as he is very accurate, and throws one of the most catch-able balls in college, but he does struggle in the pocket and creating on his own.
I agree that I certainly would have drafted Watson before Trubisky coming out of college. I'm not going to revisionist and say that I foresaw Mahomes NFL success coming....there have been a lot of big numbers coming from Texas Tech quarterbacks in college that translating to nothing at the NFL level.

Anyway, I think that the Bears were a little scared of the number of picks Watson threw at Clemson. I thought they were wrong....so at least I got that one correct even though I missed on Mahomes. :)

I think you guys are giving up on josh Allen too soon but I guess we will see

All of those boxes you checked for Mason Rudolph are the same basic ones that you could have checked for Nate Sudfeld....and he was a seventh round pick. (who BTW, I thought was supremely underdrafted and should have been taken much earlier)

The point is, it's not an opinion, it's a fact. When you or I say Mason Rudolph or Nate Sudfeld is a young big framed prototypical pocket quarterback with an NFL arm and quick gun, it is not an opinion. It's a fact. Mine or your's or Chris Grier's opinion is irrelevant, it does not matter what anyone says. It's on the film, it's in his measurables. I can say something completely opposite about him, it won't matter, he will be a young big framed prototypical pocket quarterback with a quick gun. It's in him, it's not in anyone's head.
It's not an opinion, it's a fact - he is young, he is tall, heavy - prototypical, he throws to opposite hash in low trajectory, plays from the pocket, and has a quick delivery, arm is tight to body, and the motion is short.

No quite the opposite. Pass rush STARTS with coverage. The defense STARTS with secondary. The rebuild STARTS with secondary.

I believe the opposite - a great DLine and pass rush can make an average CB look good but a bad Dline can make a great CB look bad. CBs are at such a disadvantage that even the best will get shaken if given enough time. I would always build my team from the trenches out.

For oline, you build to your identity.....maulers or guys that can pull for a heavy run team, dancing bears with good feet and pass pro for those spread type teams.

I believe the opposite - a great DLine and pass rush can make an average CB look good

DL's job is to stop the run. That's why you need grown men in there.
Pass rush is secondary, You get sacks every 5 to 8% of drop backs. It's almost negligible.
That is why elite defensive backs across the board are a must. Not good, but elite.
Elite defensive backs (fast quick) to stop the pass and grown men in the trenches to stop the run.

DL's job is to stop the run. That's why you need grown men in there.
Pass rush is secondary
giphy.gif

The point is, it's not an opinion, it's a fact. When you or I say Mason Rudolph or Nate Sudfeld is a young big framed prototypical pocket quarterback with an NFL arm and quick gun, it is not an opinion. It's a fact. Mine or your's or Chris Grier's opinion is irrelevant, it does not matter what anyone says. It's on the film, it's in his measurables. I can say something completely opposite about him, it won't matter, he will be a young big framed prototypical pocket quarterback with a quick gun. It's in him, it's not in anyone's head.
It's not an opinion, it's a fact - he is young, he is tall, heavy - prototypical, he throws to opposite hash in low trajectory, plays from the pocket, and has a quick delivery, arm is tight to body, and the motion is short.

None of this makes them elite quaterbacks.

I understand that and maybe your statements previously were in response to a conversation I haven't read through. I understand that what you said about Rudolph (and I what I said about Sudfeld) are facts.

Back
Top Bottom