Draft Network 7 Round Miami Mock | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Network 7 Round Miami Mock

The Bopkin

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/miami-dolphins-7-round-mock-draft

Don't think I've seen this one posted anywhere. I really like this site; lots of good draft analysis, breakdown of players. I am no personnel guru, so I really like reading their player breakdowns.
It looks like at least these guys get what Miami needs and actually mock players that fit to us, rather than have us picking wide receivers in round one.

This is OK by me. One change, I might grab a NT instead of the safety in the 7th. We already have a few guys that play well near the LOS, a "center fielder" type safety could work there, too

Thanks for posting that. Opinions are like … well you get the idea. I like the picks in round 3 and 4 with solid trench players .. but I'm not a fan of the rest. Williams is a good player at a position of need, but IMHO, simply isn't on par with the BPA at 13. While Alabama OL players have a strong history of being drafted high, there is also a troubling streak of them being injured and underperforming their draft positions. I rate Alabama players highly, but some positions, like OL, I tend to avoid.

There are a lot of solid OL prospects available in the mid rounds. I'm not against getting them earlier, but we need 2 starting DE's, and I'm hoping to get at least 1 in the draft, and the only place I expect we'll be able to find them is in the top few rounds.

Here is what the Dolphins draft should look like on that site, along these lines:

1. Dwayne Haskins (Drew Lock) QB
2. Taylor Rapp S
3. David Long CB
4. Corey Ballentine CB
5. Marvell Tell S
7. Demarea Crockett RB
7. Phil Haynes OL

Notice what the first five picks are.

Thanks for posting that. Opinions are like … well you get the idea. I like the picks in round 3 and 4 with solid trench players .. but I'm not a fan of the rest. Williams is a good player at a position of need, but IMHO, simply isn't on par with the BPA at 13. While Alabama OL players have a strong history of being drafted high, there is also a troubling streak of them being injured and underperforming their draft positions. I rate Alabama players highly, but some positions, like OL, I tend to avoid.

There are a lot of solid OL prospects available in the mid rounds. I'm not against getting them earlier, but we need 2 starting DE's, and I'm hoping to get at least 1 in the draft, and the only place I expect we'll be able to find them is in the top few rounds.
Using Anthony Steen as an example, there have been countless Alabama players who seemed to flame out when going pro. Steen is the prime example of the issues with bama players.

The draft process has shown that Alabama players are found with injuries that were never treated or allowed to heal. With Steen I believe his shoulder(?) never healed which knocked him down draft boards. Plus on bama players often look terrific because of that talent that surrounds them and find a rude awakening in the pros.

I'm not singling out bama as the only school this happens at but just pointing out that this is possible with the nature of that program. Even Minkah had injuries....

Here is what the Dolphins draft should look like on that site, along these lines:

2. Taylor Rapp S
3. David Long CB
4. Corey Ballentine CB
5. Marvell Tell S
7. Demarea Crockett RB
7. Phil Haynes OL

Nothing like drafting a bunch of positions that are dependent on the two weakest units on the team right now.

2. Taylor Rapp S
3. David Long CB
4. Corey Ballentine CB
5. Marvell Tell S
7. Demarea Crockett RB
7. Phil Haynes OL

LOL ya 4 picks on the secondary where our 2 best players play, and recently signed rowq, and bloated contracts in Jones and Mcdonald. I would be OK with a corner if Greedy fell, maybe Chauncey Gardner in round 3 or 4.. we sure as hell arent spending most of our draft on secondary.

Nothing like drafting a bunch of positions that are dependent on the two weakest units on the team right now.

The two weakest units are and have been for quite some time, offense and defense. Offense because there is no QB, and defense because there is no secondary.
That is what the Dolphins need to address in this draft, aggressively. The rest can be filled in free agency. The rest can wait.
That's what the Pats do -- their lines are makeshift. That's what the Seahawks do, their lines are make shift. Secondary is critical, QB is critical.

LOL ya 4 picks on the secondary where our 2 best players play, and recently signed rowq, and bloated contracts in Jones and Mcdonald. I would be OK with a corner if Greedy fell, maybe Chauncey Gardner in round 3 or 4.. we sure as hell arent spending most of our draft on secondary.

There is plenty of room to carry nine DBs on a 53 roster. They can keep TJ, McC, Reshad, Howard, and Rowe. And add four. TJ and Reshad will be out next year, and so will Howard as a FA. And you will be set for that eventuality.
You do not do QB and secondary piece meal, year by year. It has to be top notch all the time. And right now it isn't.

The two weakest units are and have been for quite some time, offense and defense. Offense because there is no QB, and defense because there is no secondary.
That is what the Dolphins need to address in this draft, aggressively. The rest can be filled in free agency. The rest can wait.
That's what the Pats do -- their lines are makeshift. That's what the Seahawks do, their lines are make shift. Secondary is critical, QB is critical.
I don't care how good our DB's are, without a pass rush they won't matter all that much.
As to Haskins, there's no way he's there at 13 so we'd have to move up for him but yet you have us with all our picks so how did we move up?

I don't care how good our DB's are, without a pass rush they won't matter all that much.
As to Haskins, there's no way he's there at 13 so we'd have to move up for him but yet you have us with all our picks so how did we move up?

No quite the opposite. Pass rush STARTS with coverage. The defense STARTS with secondary. The rebuild STARTS with secondary.

2. Taylor Rapp S
3. David Long CB
4. Corey Ballentine CB
5. Marvell Tell S
7. Demarea Crockett RB
7. Phil Haynes OL

That might be the least holy mock draft I’ve ever seen. We’re barren and weak in the trenches, so your only pick is a 7th round OL? LOL

That might be the least holy mock draft I’ve ever seen. We’re barren and weak in the trenches, so your only pick is a 7th round OL? LOL

Hated picking OL, but could not pass up on Haynes that late.

Back
Top Bottom