Draft Network 7 Round Miami Mock | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Network 7 Round Miami Mock

Hated picking OL, but could not pass up on Haynes that late.

Outside of DL, the o-line is the strongest unit in the draft...why would you hate picking someone from that position.

This has been Miami's issues in the past...ignoring what is actually good in the draft, focusing on metrics and trying to be cute with picks.

Draft d-line and o-line this year...draft is filled with players that can play...in all rounds. Fix upfront help your young QB next year.

The two weakest units are and have been for quite some time, offense and defense. Offense because there is no QB, and defense because there is no secondary.
That is what the Dolphins need to address in this draft, aggressively. The rest can be filled in free agency. The rest can wait.
That's what the Pats do -- their lines are makeshift. That's what the Seahawks do, their lines are make shift. Secondary is critical, QB is critical.

I went back to the 2008 draft (11 drafts):

# of DBs Drafted in the first 3 rounds: Seattle - 3 / NE - 11 / Miami - 7 (including 7 in the first 5 rounds over the last 6 drafts)

# of OL/DL Drafted in the first 3 rounds: Seattle - 16 / NE - 13 (and they ran a 3-4, this number jumps significantly if I add edge LB guys) / Miami - 13

# of QBs Drafted in the first round: Seattle - 0 / NE - 0 / Miami - 1

If anybody from these 3 teams have invested in DBs and QB . . . Since 2012 . . . .its been Miami.

I went back to the 2008 draft (11 drafts):

# of DBs Drafted in the first 3 rounds: Seattle - 3 / NE - 11 / Miami - 7 (including 7 in the first 5 rounds over the last 6 drafts)

# of OL/DL Drafted in the first 3 rounds: Seattle - 16 / NE - 13 (and they ran a 3-4, this number jumps significantly if I add edge LB guys) / Miami - 13

# of QBs Drafted in the first round: Seattle - 0 / NE - 0 / Miami - 1

If anybody from these 3 teams have invested in DBs and QB . . . Since 2012 . . . .its been Miami.

Bacause they have a QB! NE and SEA got the QB!

NE plays Adrian Clayborn, Trey Flowers, Rob Ninkovich up front. They always have great DBs. And, THEY HAVE A QB.

Seattle success is largely dependent on great DBs. They have a QB!

That's what the Dolphins need to do right now. Look at the Miami Hurricanes defense, it got great when they got the secondary. That is the hole point! When you have that, the QB, and the secondary, you can go for other positions. Until then, you are just fkn around with scheme fits and not getting it done. LSU, great defensive team historically, the DB U,

Draft d-line and o-line this year...draft is filled with players that can play...in all rounds. Fix upfront help your young QB next year.

The draft is filled with ELITE players at CRITICAL positions, QB and DB. Those are the critical spots, and expensive in FA.

Bacause they have a QB! NE and SEA got the QB!

NE plays Adrian Clayborn, Trey Flowers, Rob Ninkovich up front. They always have great DBs. And, THEY HAVE A QB.

Seattle success is largely dependent on great DBs. They have a QB!

That's what the Dolphins need to do right now. Look at the Miami Hurricanes defense, it got great when they got the secondary. That is the hole point! When you have that, the QB, and the secondary, you can go for other positions. Until then, you are just fkn around with scheme fits and not getting it done.

Neither team gave up the farm for their QB . . . As you suggest. They had teams that were already built, specifically in the trenches, and it allowed them to see success for their young QB, drafted in rounds 3 and 6 respectively.

I don’t think many would be upset with Haskins, but bringing him on this team, in the state its in, mortgaging this draft and part of next years draft . . . . Is a mistake.

If its your guy, do what you can to get him, but understand he ain’t Wilson or Murray, and he easily could get Tannehill’d before we get the chance to make it right around him.

Our trench talent is the worst in the league. You don’t risk putting a young QB into that type of mess unless he is just video game like, like Murray or Wilson.

Neither team gave up the farm for their QB . . . As you suggest. They had teams that were already built, specifically in the trenches, and it allowed them to see success for their young QB, drafted in rounds 3 and 6 respectively.

I don’t think many would be upset with Haskins, but bringing him on this team, in the state its in, mortgaging this draft and part of next years draft . . . . Is a mistake.

If its your guy, do what you can to get him, but understand he ain’t Wilson or Murray, and he easily could get Tannehill’d before we get the chance to make it right around him.

No. You do WHATEVER it takes to get the QB and there are two that will do presuming Kyler Murray goes #1 overall, and they are not expensive, it will only take 2 first round picks and Minkah. That's chump change. It is chump change because QB is critical and in this case would come at a bargain contract.

It does not matter who is protecting him. We have Tunsil, and they will get someone at RT, and it will be fine. Chiefs are no better, SEA, NE are no better. The elite QB will be fine.

The Dolphins must get ahead of the curve on defense. Must. Next year Howard is a FA, Reshad and TJ will be gone. Secondary is critical. CRITICAL. When they talk about a five year plan, it starts there, getting ahead of the curve, getting a head start at critical positions this year, QB and full secondary.
Otherwise, they will be chasing, like they have been, and are chasing now, scheme fits that gets them nowhere.

LOL

Compares Miami to NE/SEA . . . .two teams that drafted elite QBs outside of round 1 and says we should give it all up to be like them.

Suggests focusing on the secondary, but wants to trade the #11 overall pick, a DB, who had a really good rookie season last year, to package with 2 first rounders, at Least, to get a QB, who on the surface, looks like he may struggle with pocket movement and really could use a good core of OL around him to begin his career.

Hey if its your QB, do what you must. But don’t throw in thats what Seattle and New England would have done to strengthen your argument . . . .because then its just throwing **** against a wall to keep a nonsensical argument going.

I read the first pick and closed the website.

I don't understand comments like these....

If you have a different view or opinion why not state it?.... with good info as to why your selection makes more sense?....

Personally I like the approach... build the trenches with the best talent available.... have we not learned that no matter who lines up at the "key" positions … well we all know the rest of that line...

The ONLY risk I would take is to grab a QB as soon as possible (a decent trade or move up scenario)… but I wouldn't mortgage the future to get a guy

Using Anthony Steen as an example, there have been countless Alabama players who seemed to flame out when going pro. Steen is the prime example of the issues with bama players.

The draft process has shown that Alabama players are found with injuries that were never treated or allowed to heal. With Steen I believe his shoulder(?) never healed which knocked him down draft boards. Plus on bama players often look terrific because of that talent that surrounds them and find a rude awakening in the pros.

I'm not singling out bama as the only school this happens at but just pointing out that this is possible with the nature of that program. Even Minkah had injuries....
you can add Clemson to this as well except wr.

I don't understand comments like these....

If you have a different view or opinion why not state it?.... with good info as to why your selection makes more sense?....

Personally I like the approach... build the trenches with the best talent available.... have we not learned that no matter who lines up at the "key" positions … well we all know the rest of that line...

The ONLY risk I would take is to grab a QB as soon as possible (a decent trade or move up scenario)… but I wouldn't mortgage the future to get a guy

Because drafting a college LT to play, RT? Guard? Is retarded when there's better players at different positions.

Only QB I'd want at #13 is Murray, which he won't be there. Take the best DT or DE on your board or trade down.

To be real dolphins. Didn't have to tear team down. Dolphins need find a QB. If they don't find QB. These new Coach will be done too. Just like Adam case. If u got give up some pick to get QB go do it...ever yr we have been closed to playoff. With avg team and sorry to avg QB.

WR is the spot that Clemson players come in with injuries and issues.

Watkins and Williams are prime examples.
Most of Clemson player that makes it to pros are not that good as well. You have good point

Here is what the Dolphins draft should look like on that site, along these lines:

1. Dwayne Haskins (Drew Lock) QB
2. Taylor Rapp S
3. David Long CB
4. Corey Ballentine CB
5. Marvell Tell S
7. Demarea Crockett RB
7. Phil Haynes OL

Notice what the first five picks are.
You must go through life drunk. And reading your posts makes me wounder if your really just Gase in disguise? I mean seriously your posts are as questionable as Gase's play calling.

Back
Top Bottom