Draft notes from 70's Steelers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft notes from 70's Steelers

thedayafter said:

I laugh at this one.

Jack Youngblood, defensive tackle, Florida (6-4, 242)
[From junior year] I feel Jack is a sure thing to make our club. However, I don’t feel he’s a sure thing to help us. … Doesn’t dominate his teammates in scrimmages. … Showed good lateral pursuit, not stiff at all. … I felt his pass rush was ordinary. … Low blocks tie him up but he won’t have that problem with us. … The best I saw him was a little OT he played in a drill. … Very raw and would have to be taught an awful lot to help us. … I was starting to question his meanness until he handled a fellow pretty well in a fight during a scrimmage.
Projection: Make roster and contribute; fifth-, sixth-round pick

He was a skinny guy in college but he bulked up and was an All-Pro DE for the Rams for many years.Even the best talent evaluators miss some.

BTW we are going to have on the torrents a 1973 MNF Matchup between the SB Dolphins against the Steelers who already had the foundation for their dynasty.The Dolphins taught them what it takes to be a champion and the message must have stuck because the Steelers never looked back after that.

"Question his meaness"... Youngblood was an SOB on the field... played with a broken leg.....

I think these kinds of articles are great... the draft is a crap shoot... but the Steelers, Cowboys and early Dolphins got it right when it was gut feelings combined with road an film work....

thedayafter said:
"Question his meaness"... Youngblood was an SOB on the field... played with a broken leg.....

I think these kinds of articles are great... the draft is a crap shoot... but the Steelers, Cowboys and early Dolphins got it right when it was gut feelings combined with road an film work....

Yes thats right I remember now.He was part of that nasty Fearsome Foursome I think.:lol:

He wasn't a member of "The Fearsome Foursome" though I don't think..

He was the transition generation from the "FF"..... great effort player

thedayafter said:
He was the transition generation from the "FF"..... great effort player

Thats right.Here is the original Fearsome Foursome

clear.gif

Fearsome Foursome
(from left): Lamar Lundy, Rosey Grier, Merlin Olsen and Deacon Jones
http://www.ramsusa.com/fff.jpg

Crunch.... you are all over this... great work..... I loved the way the guy played....

Back
Top Bottom