Draft picks | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft picks

My gut tells me Miami takes Herbert.
Yeah that’s what scares me about Grier. Much like dion Jordan getting drafted because of freakish athletic ability but not much production, sits Justin Herbert who stands 6”6 can run and has a cannon for an arm but is only productive dumping the ball off to backs and wr screens etc. I bet money Grier was pounding for Dion Jordan too.

People try so hard to blame Grier when if you think about it, this was bout Tannebaum and DENNIS HICKEY. They responded to all the questions surrounding one of the biggest busts in Dolphins history in Dion Jordan. The only issue thus far with Grier is that he plays the draft close to the vest and doesn't venture outside the "volatile upside" pick. I'm hoping that comes with this draft as the Dolphins need to gamble on greatness....we will see.

'Gamble on greatness'?

Isnt this just code for 'draft the players that YOU like'?

I mean... every player drafted is a gamble on greatness... isn't it?

It's hard to project who might be interested in a rd1 QB, but as I see it,

Cincy is a given
Detroit
Atlanta
LA Chargers
Steelers
Indy
Raiders
Of course us

All might be thinking of the future at the position, so yes, probably 5 or so guys taken in the 1st.
If Matt Patricia/Bob Quinn are back it'll be their last chance, so I can't see them taking a QB. They'll want players who can contribute and upgrade immediately to ensure they get the wins to stay in a job beyond next year.

Same applies to Atlanta if Dan Quinn stays, if not then yeah I would not be surprised if they took a look.

The others are all logical but I can't see any of them being so desperate to move up and challenge us, but they'll obviously be of interest if we try and take a QB with our second pick.

Yeah that’s what scares me about Grier. Much like dion Jordan getting drafted because of freakish athletic ability but not much production, sits Justin Herbert who stands 6”6 can run and has a cannon for an arm but is only productive dumping the ball off to backs and wr screens etc. I bet money Grier was pounding for Dion Jordan too.
Is there any evidence that Grier wanted Jordan, wants Herbert or likes players of freakish athletic ability?

People try so hard to blame Grier when if you think about it, this was bout Tannebaum and DENNIS HICKEY. They responded to all the questions surrounding one of the biggest busts in Dolphins history in Dion Jordan. The only issue thus far with Grier is that he plays the draft close to the vest and doesn't venture outside the "volatile upside" pick. I'm hoping that comes with this draft as the Dolphins need to gamble on greatness....we will see.

Jordan was Jeff Irelands guy, wasn't he?

Your point just doesn’t make sense. Based on your logic, no college player who might eventually play in the NFL should risk playing in any game because he might get injured and that could effect his draft status or his possible career in the NFL.

I have no problem with players being drafted right out of high school if they are talented enough but the fact is every single football player at every level could have a career ending injury on any given play. That is just the reality of playing the game of football.

If Tua didn’t want to be in the game when his hip was injured, he obviously could have asked to be taken out because Alabama had a big lead at the time. Yet he loves playing the game and he obviously wanted to be in the game when he was injured. The way he was tackled on the play he was injured could happen any time in any game. Bo Jackson was injured on a play where he was tackled from behind and the hit didn’t even look serious at the time he dislocated his hip which eventually ended his football career.

If you want football players to avoid serious injury, outlaw tackling and blocking and just play flag football. Because human bodies are not made to take the punishment of tackle football for an extended period of time without eventually suffering damage.

As far as your statement goes that I’m not bright enough to see that Tua hurt his draft stock by playing this season. The fact is that if he had just refused to play this season and waited for the 2020 draft, his draft stock could have dropped. Because the last game NFL staffs would have seen him in was the Clemson game last year and he wasn’t very good in that game and Hurts had to come in the game before Clemson to help Alabama pull out a win because Tua was not effective in that game Either.

If anything, by playing in 2019 Tua only enhanced his draft status and he will remain a high draft selection if he is medically cleared. If he isn’t cleared medically within the next few months, he can always return to Alabama and wait for the 2021 draft and by then his recovery should be complete. In fact because of the injury this should show him how important getting a college education is. Because he can’t assume football will be there for long. If Tua is smart, he will return to Alabama and get his degree while giving his hip and ankle plenty of time to heal. I have no doubt he will still be a high draft pick in 2021 if he is healthy and waits for a year to enter the draft.
This is great and wow has a simple concept never been proven more clearly by real world fact. I want you to Google a guy by the name of James Wiseman who plays basketball ( or I should say did play) for Memphis University. He just did exactly what I've been trying to get you to understand but rather than accept reason you prefer to rant. I'll be blocking you now but please consider your view is not the only one in the universe and that sometimes others may actually have a different & better understanding of what is best.
James Wiseman.... Thanks for helping a brother out and if only Tua would have read that book he would be in the cat bird seat for the overall #1 right now
Tua = James Wiseman only he (Wiseman) recognized the danger of getting hurt while not getting paid. Hope this helps you but if not...Im done

Last edited:
It's hard to project who might be interested in a rd1 QB, but as I see it,

Cincy is a given
Detroit
Atlanta
LA Chargers
Steelers
Indy
Raiders
Of course us

All might be thinking of the future at the position, so yes, probably 5 or so guys taken in the 1st.
Totally agree . I've been saying 5 Qbs will go in the first all year.

Don't be so sure Chase Young will declare. If he doesn't that will really shake things up. It may be Burrow then Thomas, then what?

Report: Chase Young plans on returning to Ohio State in lieu of entering NFL Draft
This is Ohio st wishful thinking. No way do I throw any credence into a tmz report :)
Chase young to miami at #2!

There's tape, from his lips to God's ears. Just pointing it out.

I honestly think that's him trying to say the right things. I have him as the best athlete in this class. He is my man crush. It's been a while since I've wanted Miami to take a certain pick like I do with young

I honestly think that's him trying to say the right things. I have him as the best athlete in this class. He is my man crush. It's been a while since I've wanted Miami to take a certain pick like I do with young
YUPPERS!

There's tape, from his lips to God's ears. Just pointing it out.

I'm not sure why, $$$ wise, he would decide to go back to school.
He's certainly gauranteed to be a top 3 pick in this years draft.

In next years draft when you consider the types of QBs that are coming out he'll be lucky to be #5 off the board.
More than likely, somewhere between 5-10. That's losing a lot of money and ofcourse this is assuming there's not a drop-off or he gets hurt etc.

I'm not sure why, $$$ wise, he would decide to go back to school.
He's certainly gauranteed to be a top 3 pick in this years draft.

In next years draft when you consider the types of QBs that are coming out he'll be lucky to be #5 off the board.
More than likely, somewhere between 5-10. That's losing a lot of money and ofcourse this is assuming there's not a drop-off or he gets hurt etc.
I agree he would be taking a huge risk, with Lawrence and Fields he would probably get picked no higher than third or possibly even lower with the top end talent that will be available. I was just pointing out what he said whether he said it in jest or these are his true feelings, only he would know the answer. If his motivation is money, it would be wise to come out this year.

Back
Top Bottom