Draft Prospects who WILL or WON'T Disappoint | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Prospects who WILL or WON'T Disappoint

killswitch said:
so if the spread offense isn't QB-friendly, then tell me what accounts for the consistent highly inflated statistics for QB's who play in the spread offense?

And if your gonna talk about what scouts say, i can guarantee you that all scouts agree the spread offenses of Bowling Green, Hawaii, and Texas Tech, etc. are extremely QB-FRIENDLY. It's really not even debatable when you look at the stats. How else does Cody Hodges throw for 643 yds in a game?

The systems are a huge plus for the quarterback but your missing what he is trying to say. When your in an offense like that the defense knows your throwing and is ready for you. When you throw a minimal amount of INT's such as Omar people are really going to take note, because that is an acomplishment no on ever did.

And I love that assement of the kid you have in your other post. I can be 100% positive you have never seen him play anytime other than Boise State. It was a horrible display by the team and Omar, and the Boise State defense absolutley figured out the offense, and I've never seen him start a game so bad. But to their defense, Boise dosn't have that home win streak for a reason, and the amount of support they had at that games makes the word minimal an overstatement.

Besides that, his other full year of starting and even against highly ranked Wisconsin this year, he has looked amazing with great arm strength and incredible accuracy and decision making. Go back and watch that game, he should have won it for them on more than one occasion, but dropped passes, even a big droped TD, plauged the team.

And Bowling Green runs the ball more than their fair share, notching up well over 1,000 yards rushing, and he runs more of a balanced offense than you think.

He has displayed all the physical tools needed to be a NFL quality player. He has size, athletic ablity, and an arm that makes all the throws. He has displayed a great amount of composure and a good QB mind, knowing when to take a chance and when not too. My largest knock on him is not his mechanics, which I say if they ain't broke don't fix um (he is 6'5 the ball isn't coming out that low), but his quiet personality. He is not a real rah rah QB, but a quiet, composed type. The kind of guy who just wants to go out and get it done, almost machine like. But his teamates trust him and respect him as their star so I guess he is doing something right.

After his recored setting first season, his second starting year included a separated shoulder, underachieving team, and some personal problems, but in light of all these things he has still put up a year alot of QB's wouldn't mind having. I'm not going to say he is a sure fire hit, but to be as confident of his failure as you are is absured and shows your apparent lack of knowledge on the subject.

Jeff Samardzija he is still a junier and most likely wont declare but could you please explain that?

Interesting list, but it is impossible to predict who will and will not dissapoint. Even Bush or Leinart could end up being a career backup.

marino1348 said:
Jeff Samardzija he is still a junier and most likely wont declare but could you please explain that?

i doubt Samardzija will declare as well. And why I think he'll disappoint? b/c most sources I've seen have him as a 1st or 2nd rd pick and one of the top WR's for the '07 draft, and IMO that shouldn't be the case at all. He's obviously a productive player, but I don't think he has anywhere near the great natural ball skills of most deserved 1st-day WR's, like Dewayne Jarret, Calvin Johnson (guys who I think will both declare after next year), plus Greg Lee from Pitt, and Chad Jackson (Fla) for the '07 class. He's a reliable WR who'll make the catches he should for the most part. As far as creating separation, he's decent, but I think he's a prime example of where his QB makes him look better than he may really be. I also don't think he has the quickness or burst of other elite guys for the '07 class such as Santonio Holmes, Steve Smith (USC), or Steve Breaston from Mich. All things considered, Samardjiza just does not have the type of talent those guys have IMO. He's hight is a huge advantage, and I think he'll be only an alright posession WR, maybe a 4th WR no better than a 3rd WR for a team. IMO he just doesn't have the upside for the NFL; I think he'll be easy to cover. (and no I'm not just assuming that b/c he's white like my friend accused me of doing).

I have to say I have a hunch that Virginia Tech's Williams will disapoint.

Back
Top Bottom