Draft question: | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft question:

colmax

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I know a team is given 15 minutes (I think in only the first three rounds) to draft a player. If a trade of pick is made, does the 15 minutes restart for the team that got the pick? I was just wondering. It would make sense to do that, but I'm really not sure how the NFL works.

DonShula84

Sporty Don
Reaction score
colmax said:
I know a team is given 15 minutes (I think in only the first three rounds) to draft a player. If a trade of pick is made, does the 15 minutes restart for the team that got the pick? I was just wondering. It would make sense to do that, but I'm really not sure how the NFL works.

yes the new team gets 15 minutes.

LostInPatsLand

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
colmax said:
No, because, it's the pick not the team that belongs in a particular time slot. With that said, teams that make a trade usually pick right away. Also, the NFL is rather lenient with the clock, especially during a trade situation.

zephon

Active Roster
Reaction score
LostInPatsLand said:
No, because, it's the pick not the team that belongs in a particular time slot. With that said, teams that make a trade usually pick right away. Also, the NFL is rather lenient with the clock, especially during a trade situation.

actually I believe the new team gets a fresh clock....of course I've been wrong already once this year...so..... :wink:

Al13

Don´t mess with Clint
Reaction score
as soon as the trade officially happens , the new team is on, with a fresh clock, but only the 1st round is 15 minutes though, 2nd round is 10 minutes and 3rd is 5 minutes, i think

LostInPatsLand

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Al13 said:
as soon as the trade officially happens , the new team is on, with a fresh clock, but only the 1st round is 15 minutes though, 2nd round is 10 minutes and 3rd is 5 minutes, i think
3 to 1. I guess I'm probably wrong. I swear, however, from years of overwatching the draft that the clock continues...Anyway it's not really much of an issue because the new team usually picks right away.
1st round-15 min
2nd round-10 min
3rd round-5 min

Top Bottom