Draft question: | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft question:

colmax

Seasoned Veteran
Joined
Mar 17, 2004
Messages
924
Reaction score
0
Location
Downtown Gulfport
I know a team is given 15 minutes (I think in only the first three rounds) to draft a player. If a trade of pick is made, does the 15 minutes restart for the team that got the pick? I was just wondering. It would make sense to do that, but I'm really not sure how the NFL works.
 

DonShula84

Sporty Don
Joined
Sep 26, 2004
Messages
13,500
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
Long Beach, Ca
colmax said:
I know a team is given 15 minutes (I think in only the first three rounds) to draft a player. If a trade of pick is made, does the 15 minutes restart for the team that got the pick? I was just wondering. It would make sense to do that, but I'm really not sure how the NFL works.

yes the new team gets 15 minutes.
 

LostInPatsLand

Pro Bowler
Joined
Mar 19, 2004
Messages
1,502
Reaction score
49
Age
47
colmax said:
I know a team is given 15 minutes (I think in only the first three rounds) to draft a player. If a trade of pick is made, does the 15 minutes restart for the team that got the pick? I was just wondering. It would make sense to do that, but I'm really not sure how the NFL works.
No, because, it's the pick not the team that belongs in a particular time slot. With that said, teams that make a trade usually pick right away. Also, the NFL is rather lenient with the clock, especially during a trade situation.
 

zephon

Active Roster
Joined
Feb 2, 2005
Messages
961
Reaction score
0
LostInPatsLand said:
No, because, it's the pick not the team that belongs in a particular time slot. With that said, teams that make a trade usually pick right away. Also, the NFL is rather lenient with the clock, especially during a trade situation.

actually I believe the new team gets a fresh clock....of course I've been wrong already once this year...so..... :wink:
 

Al13

Don´t mess with Clint
Joined
Aug 1, 2002
Messages
5,310
Reaction score
30
Age
48
Location
Berlin, Germany
as soon as the trade officially happens , the new team is on, with a fresh clock, but only the 1st round is 15 minutes though, 2nd round is 10 minutes and 3rd is 5 minutes, i think
 

LostInPatsLand

Pro Bowler
Joined
Mar 19, 2004
Messages
1,502
Reaction score
49
Age
47
Al13 said:
as soon as the trade officially happens , the new team is on, with a fresh clock, but only the 1st round is 15 minutes though, 2nd round is 10 minutes and 3rd is 5 minutes, i think
3 to 1. I guess I'm probably wrong. I swear, however, from years of overwatching the draft that the clock continues...Anyway it's not really much of an issue because the new team usually picks right away.
1st round-15 min
2nd round-10 min
3rd round-5 min
 
Top Bottom