Draft Rumors Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Rumors Thread

xXwarXx

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Tis the season...

Tony Pauline

I'm also told the New York Jets like Bullard, whom they would consider if they trade Muhammad Wilkerson. And the word coming from Florida pro day is the Jets are shopping Wilkerson. Whether the team can get a deal done anytime soon is another thing altogether.

I've been told for the past week Neal is still in the conversation as the first-round pick for the Pittsburgh Steelers, who had defensive back coach Carnell Lake on hand today. The Atlanta Falcons recently sent their head coach and position coaches to work out Neal.

One of the stars during today's Michigan workout was Eastern Michigan running back Darius Jackson. The ball carrier measured 6000, 220 pounds, posted a 41-inch vertical jump and an 11-1 broad jump, and completed 20 reps on the bench. He was fast in the 40, timing in the mid 4.3s on many watches. The Detroit Lions spent hours with Jackson after the workout, driving back to EMU with him and watching film.

Offensive guard Josh Garnett also looked really good in drills, easily moving about the field and showing good punch. 49ers coach Chip Kelly was enamored with Garnett, spending time with the offensive lineman and seen talking to his agent.

Fast-rising safety Justin Simmons ran his 40s in the 4.5-to-4.52 range, exceptional times by the senior.

Simmons interviewed with the Detroit Lions on Tuesday, doing film work and having dinner with the franchise. That is significant as the Lions also spent time with Simmons during Shrine week and interviewed him at the Combine.

As posted on Twitter, a number of stopwatches had receiver Tyler Boyd under 4.5 seconds, with some as fast as 4.46.

The workout is still going on, but I can tell you Boyd met with the Jacksonville Jaguars, L.A. Rams and San Diego Chargers yesterday.

To date, the slowest unofficial time I've heard on Tyler Boyd was in the very low 4.5s. He looked terrific in position drills, as was to be expected. As someone told me, "He caught everything that touched his hands." Boyd is meeting with the San Francisco 49ers this afternoon.

Quarterback Jeff Driskel had a very successful pro day.

Standing on his Combine testing numbers, Driskel threw about 60 passes and all but two (one short, one just out of the reach of the pass catcher) were on the mark. Many felt Drskel could really not have thrown the ball better.

The quarterback met with the Denver Broncos and Detroit Lions today and has a workout with the Arizona Cardinals scheduled for later this week.

Zierlein

The scoop: "Don't be surprised if a team like the Eagles makes a really strong move up the board to get (Carson) Wentz. I don't think he's worth it, but I think they do. Everyone thinks you have to move ahead of Cleveland, but (Browns Chief Strategy Officer Paul DePodesta) will want to get as many picks as possible out of this draft. It wouldn't surprise me if a team moved directly to Cleveland's spot for Wentz." -- NFC executive

The scoop: "I like (the safeties in this) draft, but I know that there are other guys for other teams who think this draft has very little (safety talent) in it. We all see things differently. Karl Joseph is my favorite safety in the draft, but I'm really warming up to T.J. Green lately." -- NFC scout

The skinny: It's pretty hard to find anyone who isn't a fan of West Virginia's Joseph in my conversations with scouts, coaches and executives. The two knocks on Joseph are that he's recovering from an ACL tear and that he's a little undersized for being as physical as he is. Joseph has the speed to make plays all over the field and the physicality to have an impact around the line of scrimmage. Clemson's Green doesn't have as many spectacular moments on tape, but his outstanding NFL Scouting Combine was very important for grabbing the attention of evaluators and forcing them to project his potential in their scheme based on his measurables and athletic traits

Hello Darius Jackson...

Saw his game against LSU. You could see the burst and explosive power on a few runs, but he didn't have a lot of room.

I like Justin Simmons a lot. He's a smart player that makes good use of film study, a team leader, and a great ST's player. He's super smooth, and he's obviously a great athlete. Watched the Clemson game again recently, and on his INT, I think he surprised Watson with his range. It looked like Watson saw him but didn't think he'd get there. He should be able to add 10lbs over the next year or two without losing any athleticism. Stylistically, he's a perfect compliment to R. Jones.

[video=youtube;m5jWROs98jI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5jWROs98jI[/video]

Thanks Emory and Football Gameplan for the great interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw his game against LSU. You could see the burst and explosive power on a few runs, but he didn't have a lot of room.

I like Justin Simmons a lot. He's a smart player that makes good use of film study, a team leader, and a great ST's player. He's super smooth, and he's obviously a great athlete. Watched the Clemson game again recently, and on his INT, I think he surprised Watson with his range. It looked like Watson saw him but didn't think he'd get there. He should be able to add 10lbs over the next year or two without losing any athleticism. Stylistically, he's a perfect compliment to R. Jones.

[video=youtube;m5jWROs98jI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5jWROs98jI[/video]

Thanks Emory and Football Gameplan for the great interview.

I like Simmons as well...the leader of the incredible BC defense, he plays center field with great recognition and covers more ground than i expected.

Good stuff. I wonder if Miami would consider Joseph in R2.

Usually I don't put much into what Rex Ryan says, but when he was talking about how nothing changes momentum like a hard hit I thought of Ragland and Joseph. The Dolphins need to add physical players to this defense.

USC pro day update shortly. Cravens shines. Rated by most teams at safety. Panthers showing "scary interest." Meets with Browns & Lions

Versatility among linebackers, safeties, and even defensive backs, is changing how teams are viewing players.

Mark Barron just went from a failed safety to getting paid as a linebacker. Carolina just drafted Shaq Thompson and want another versatile piece with Sua.

Nkemdiche needs to be loved. He had a nomadic childhood living with HC, DL coach, QB's family. If he escapes brother Denzil, he has a shot.

He's also a sweet trumpet player. He might very well turn out to be Ricky Williams. His personality is different. If he grows up, who knows.

Dolphins have private workouts with a lot of players. Lot of defensive linemen. Watch out for Bronson Kafusi, an almost perfect scheme fit.

Simon Clancey

I get heebeegeebees when I hear scheme fit.

@MoveTheSticks (Twitter): Based on what I'm hearing, I won't be shocked if Will Fuller is the first WR drafted.

Quote:
One NFL scout believe BYU DL Bronson Kaufusi could be a late first round pick.
"Don't sleep on this guy," the scout told NJ.com's Mark Eckel. "He's always around the ball and he's always making plays." Kaufusi turns 25 years old in July after completing an LDS mission, but tested like one of the top athletes at the position at the NFL Combine. He likely fits teams who run an odd man or hybrid front. We would be surprised by a late first round selection, but a second day pick is in Kaufusi's future.

Speaking on 97.5 the Fanatic, NFL.com's Lance Zierlein said not only are the Eagles interested in North Dakota State quarterback Carson Wentz -- widely considered top prospect at his position in the draft -- but their head coach is trying to find a way to make sure his team lands him.

"Make no mistake about it, I still think the Eagles first and foremost are trying to find a way to get Carson Wentz," Zierlein said. "I know Doug Pederson loves him. I know that from people behind the scenes, in the know. That's who he wants and that's who he likes. It's just going to be tough."

According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, the Bills have had dinner with Paxton Lynch, and scheduled visits with Connor Cook and Cardale Jones, along with doing what was termed “extensive work” on Jared Goff. Albert Breer of the NFL Network mentioned that Christian Hackenberg is also on their list.

Bills looking very hard at QBs is interesting, I thought tyrod was the 2nd best qb in the division. And PFF ranked him 10th. Maybe they assume teams will catch up to him quick?

Last edited by a moderator:
If Fuller is the first WR off the board, it'd be an absolute abomination. Wentz looks like the clear-cut #1 QB. Teams that need QB's should want him.

Saw his game against LSU. You could see the burst and explosive power on a few runs, but he didn't have a lot of room. I like Justin Simmons a lot. He's a smart player that makes good use of film study, a team leader, and a great ST's player. He's super smooth, and he's obviously a great athlete. Watched the Clemson game again recently, and on his INT, I think he surprised Watson with his range. It looked like Watson saw him but didn't think he'd get there. He should be able to add 10lbs over the next year or two without losing any athleticism. Stylistically, he's a perfect compliment to R. Jones.[video=youtube;m5jWROs98jI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5jWROs98jI[/video]Thanks Emory and Football Gameplan for the great interview.
Some more Darius Jackson tape...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d11ojAC8Cw&sns=emThe athletism and leg stregth definitely shows. But even here you still don't see much of how he navigates in traffic, which is really what I'm looking for.

Bills looking very hard at QBs is interesting, I thought tyrod was the 2nd best qb in the division. And PFF ranked him 10th. Maybe they assume teams will catch up to him quick?

Taylor had a pretty nice year for Buffalo, but not sure he's the long-term solution. Jets need a quarterback as well. Miami's spot at #13 could be a selling point for teams wanting to move up for Lynch. The Rams, maybe Chiefs and Denver should be interested in moving up?

Taylor had a pretty nice year for Buffalo, but not sure he's the long-term solution. Jets need a quarterback as well. Miami's spot at #13 could be a selling point for teams wanting to move up for Lynch. The Rams, maybe Chiefs and Denver should be interested in moving up?

I dunno if lynch will ever be a consistent thrower or if a team will be willing to trade up for him. Rams have 2 2nd rnd picks I think they will shoot for wentz or Goff, but with Fisher who knows. But you would think with moving to LA, ownership has made it a priority for Him to get a qb.

Elway just bought himself a lot of time, he has no pressure to find a QB.

Don't see why the chiefs Would trade up, they got a good team, in there minds there contenders and will use picks on guys who can help now.

Back
Top Bottom