Draft Strategy | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Strategy

Pandarilla

Active Roster
Reaction score
We offer all our picks this year and next year, EXCEPT our #1 pick next year to the Cardinals...then we sit Kyler for a year, and we have a legit shot at Tua in 2020.

We then deal both the following draft to move up for the Clemson kid.

I think the Draft strategy will be to focus on D-line and O-line with our top 3 picks. Yes, we need to find our future QB, but the prioritized needs are in the trenches. Kyler Murray may be great but we don't trade away the moon to get him. We have to find value.

I've always wondered if it would be best to always try to get back into the first round every year for a second pick by trading the lower picks. The chances that 5th-7th rounders making it into the NFL are very low. Why not try trading a little bit at a time to try to move up. Like this year, our two 7ths for a 6th? Then our two 6ths for a 5th? Then two 5ths and a 3rd to get a 2nd? Or some mixture like this?

I've always wondered if it would be best to always try to get back into the first round every year for a second pick by trading the lower picks. The chances that 5th-7th rounders making it into the NFL are very low. Why not try trading a little bit at a time to try to move up. Like this year, our two 7ths for a 6th? Then our two 6ths for a 5th? Then two 5ths and a 3rd to get a 2nd? Or some mixture like this?
If you value your late picks so little then it's likely other teams will as well.

We offer all our picks this year and next year, EXCEPT our #1 pick next year to the Cardinals...then we sit Kyler for a year, and we have a legit shot at Tua in 2020.

We then deal both the following draft to move up for the Clemson kid.

You seem to be forgetting it's a team sport.

You are giving away several players that a team needs to compete just to get that elite QB??

Your idea would set us back 6-8 years.

Back
Top Bottom