Draft Wire mock draft 10/18/20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Wire mock draft 10/18/20

jim1

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
2. Miami Dolphins | Joe Burrow | QB | LSU
Losing out on Tagovailoa hurts, but Burrow is proving himself to be anything but a consolation prize. His 2019 tape is light years ahead of where he was a season ago, and he’s looking like the clear-cut No. 2 quarterback in this class, at worst.

Joe Burrow's rise reminds me of Carson Palmers rise. Palmer wasn't even talked about being a 1st round pick until after his senior season.

Sometimes it takes a guy a little while to "get it".

Burrow seems to be ultra competitive. A team leader. A tough MFer. I think he'll be a really good NFL QB.

Before LSU hired the guy from the Saints they had a very archaic offense. The jump Burrow has made is very eye opening both good and bad. Is this him finally getting good coaching or is this similar to the old Jeff Tedford QB thing? Either way it's hard to ignore him

I’m scared of this team getting a Mitch Trubisky kind of player after playing one strong season this year.
I’d rather take Fromm, Love, or Herbert over Burrow.

I know it's a good thing to see a player doing well for twp or 3 years in college but some get there in their senior year. I don't know if we'd take Burrow or not but saying he wasn't great till this year makes no sense. I doubt we'd pass on Delpit to draft a WR at that spot tho. Getting the best Center in the draft that last in the 1st round could be nice but of course we gotta see what we do in free agency first.

Wow! That mock is just full of absurdities. Don't have the time to denigrate them all.

Miami's not finishing behind Cincinnati. There needs to be greater appreciation for how bad this team is. Three Bengals losses by slim margins. They could easily have two wins. A.J. Green eventually back. The Redskins were the only threat and that's done.

Last edited:
I know it's a good thing to see a player doing well for twp or 3 years in college but some get there in their senior year. I don't know if we'd take Burrow or not but saying he wasn't great till this year makes no sense. I doubt we'd pass on Delpit to draft a WR at that spot tho. Getting the best Center in the draft that last in the 1st round could be nice but of course we gotta see what we do in free agency first.

I actually love the Ceedee Lamb pick, I've been high on him since last year, he outshone Hollywood Brown in the OU wideout corp, and he was only a red shirt Freshman at the time. He's a special talent, Kyler seemed to have a telepathy with and Hurts is carrying that on. Whichever QB we end up taking he'll need weapons as well as an Oline, I can see the wisdom in going for Delpit but equally important to me is an elite talent to catch the ball that Ceedee is, in my view he's the #1 wideout.

Like saying we missed out on LeBron but hey we got Carmelo or is it Milicic?

Would not be a good day in my book. I want LeBron (Tua of course).

Last edited:
The questions surrounding Drafting Burrow. Will Miami be drafting a One Year Wonder? Is he as good as he's shown in 2019 or is he as pedestrian as he was in 2018? What's the reason for his astronomical leap in Production from one year to another? And is it sustainable on the NFL level?

Back
Top Bottom