Draft Wire mock draft 10/18/20 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Wire mock draft 10/18/20

I actually love the Ceedee Lamb pick, I've been high on him since last year, he outshone Hollywood Brown in the OU wideout corp, and he was only a red shirt Freshman at the time. He's a special talent, Kyler seemed to have a telepathy with and Hurts is carrying that on. Whichever QB we end up taking he'll need weapons as well as an Oline, I can see the wisdom in going for Delpit but equally important to me is an elite talent to catch the ball that Ceedee is, in my view he's the #1 wideout.
I agree that we have to draft a WR for whoever the QB is. The problem is the % of WR's taken in the first round that don't make it is very high. It's not easy to pick the right ones and this class seems to be deep enough to where at least 2 or 3 good WR should be there for us early in round two.

Joe Burrow's rise reminds me of Carson Palmers rise. Palmer wasn't even talked about being a 1st round pick until after his senior season.

Carson is one of my favorite college players of all-time. He was thought of as a future first rounder during his junior season appeared in some mocks, including one to us which is how I began following him. He didn't come out of nowhere.

Carson is one of my favorite college players of all-time. He was thought of as a future first rounder during his junior season appeared in some mocks, including one to us which is how I began following him. He didn't come out of nowhere.

I don't remember him being mentioned as anything more than a potential 2nd round pick at the beginning of his senior season. I mean as a junior he had 13TD's and 12Ints with a 58.6 completion% and his sophomore season wasn't much better. But I'm not going to sit here and say I poured over every single mock draft so you may be right.

Palmer absolutely exploded as a senior. His sophomore season he throw 16 Tds and 18 INTs and as a junior he was 13 today and 12 ints. Then his senior year it clicked and he went for 33 TDs and 10 INTs. Sometimes it will happen. Hell look at his draft mate Kyle Boller very similar trajectory at Cal. Both ended up as first round picks. Palmer had a very good career, Boller not so much

Carson Palmer was viewed as an underachiever until Norm Chow came in and got him on the right track. The reason he was viewed as an underachiever is because he was always viewed as a big time NFL quarterback prospect.

I think the rise as a Senior of Burrow and trajectory as a late bloomer under an innovative offensive mind is very reminiscent of Palmer. But Joe Burrow ain’t Carson Palmer.

Joe Burrow = The Tua Supporter Boogieman

If Cincy selects before us, what do you want...trade all our 1st round picks in 20 and 21 for him?

Get used to hearing the name Burrows.

Back
Top Bottom