Draft!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft!!!!

finregime

Who's Yo Daddy
Reaction score
Please tell me at some point in this draft they arent going after a QB cause our future is grimm with what we have unless Feeley does the unexpected.I would think with 2 first rounders if that happens they would go WR and QB but they'll probably get a LB or Carey with the 2nd 1st rounder.I would be happy with Schaub,Pickett,or Rod Rutherford as a later pick but we cant let this get by us.The only promising QB in next years draft is looking to be Leinart and that's if he comes out or david greene from UGA.

I love Rivers...I dont care what the OL is like...he is the real deal and we should get him if he's available. Pick a WR w/ the other #1 then pick OL like a madman in later rounds......

Don't hold your breath. We might not draft a QB this year and now that you mention it, mayble not next year either. We only draft quality QB's every 20 years. Griese '66, Marino '83. It's been over 20 years now. Another should be coming soon possibly 2006

At this point it's not looking like we're gonna have a 2nd 1st round pick. So we'll have to go WR in the 1st round, it's our highest priority.

As much as we have 2 expensive quarterbacks and really need a WR, passing a potential franchise QB like Rivers would be bad.

Originally posted by finregime
Please tell me at some point in this draft they arent going after a QB cause our future is grimm with what we have unless Feeley does the unexpected.I would think with 2 first rounders if that happens they would go WR and QB but they'll probably get a LB or Carey with the 2nd 1st rounder.I would be happy with Schaub,Pickett,or Rod Rutherford as a later pick but we cant let this get by us.The only promising QB in next years draft is looking to be Leinart and that's if he comes out or david greene from UGA.

I agree about David Greene. He is a very promising prospect. Too bad he won't come out until next year. He may go a little high for us, though.

Then again, with the way our off-season has started, maybe we'll pick high.

another stand out wide receiver to complement chambers would seriously open up our offense, and make the most average of qbs look decent. chambers and williams (any williams) running around with mcmicheal, oh yea, and ricky. i dont think even jay fiedler could mess that up

Originally posted by touborg
As much as we have 2 expensive quarterbacks and really need a WR, passing a potential franchise QB like Rivers would be bad.

Thank you, voice of reason!

If Rivers is there, take him. I don't care about having 4 QB's on the roster. You don't pass him up!

We still might get a first for OGUN but probably a 4th to go with it instead of a 3rd in a sing-trade deal.WR is almost a given but the other pick could be a lot of things like o-line,d-line,qb and even LB or safety.It'd be hard to pass on Wilfork if he's there tho.

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by Danny
We still might get a first for OGUN but probably a 4th to go with it instead of a 3rd in a sing-trade deal.WR is almost a given but the other pick could be a lot of things like o-line,d-line,qb and even LB or safety.It'd be hard to pass on Wilfork if he's there tho.

Ozzy rules!!

Key word there - WR is ALMOST a given. Every year I think they're going to draft one way and go offense, they draft a LB or CB. GO OFFENSE, D@MMIT!

Originally posted by Lukin
At this point it's not looking like we're gonna have a 2nd 1st round pick. So we'll have to go WR in the 1st round, it's our highest priority.

Absolutely right. It's critical to grab a good wr. We're not getting another quarterback. Our qb search is done.

Quote:
Originally posted by touborg

If Rivers is there, take him. I don't care about having 4 QB's on the roster. You don't pass him up!

Agreed. Better to have one season with a wierd QB listing (2 expensive QBs, 1 rookie and a backup, no one has any idea who's starting) if it means we gain a franchise QB.

Originally posted by LandlockdFinFan

MY THOUGHT EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!

Rivers is the man of the future period. He might even come in and take the starting job!!!!

only way we take River now is if
we have two 1st rounds or a 1st and a high 2nd

and if that happens SAge the odd man out

Back
Top Bottom