Drafting Greenway | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drafting Greenway

Ronnieisabeast

Starter
Reaction score
would be a much better option for this team than signing Arrington. Greenway is cheaper and he is less injury-prone than Arrington. Crowder is our run-stopper,now we can get our pass coverage linebacker. Greenway is fast and one heck of a playmaker. He just has those rare football instincts, and combined with a never-ending motor could make him the steal of the 1st round. He would make a old defense younger, and vasily improve our pass defense. The risk with Greenway is, of course, he might not be there for us in the frist.

I must give Greenway credit, he has a lot of fans support on this forum.

I don't think Nick is looking for a coverage linebacker. He's looking for a pass rushing linebacker who can play all downs. Therefore, I think Bobby Carpenter is the LB that best fits what Nick wants.

Jimmy James said:
I don't think Nick is looking for a coverage linebacker. He's looking for a pass rushing linebacker who can play all downs. Therefore, I think Bobby Carpenter is the LB that best fits what Nick wants.

Agreed 100%, also Greenway is to weak to play in the 3-4, he can't shedd blocks. These are the three LB that fits Saban style:

1. Kamerion Wimbley
2. Manny Lawson
3. Bobby Carpenter

Phins28 said:
Agreed 100%, also Greenway is to weak to play in the 3-4, he can't shedd blocks. These are the three LB that fits Saban style:

1. Kamerion Wimbley
2. Manny Lawson
3. Bobby Carpenter

The first two may be better pass rushers, but I doubt their ability to cover (Lawson more than Wimbley). If Saban is just looking for a two down pass rushing LB, one of those two may be fine.

Jimmy James said:
The first two may be better pass rushers, but I doubt their ability to cover (Lawson more than Wimbley). If Saban is just looking for a two down pass rushing LB, one of those two may be fine.

Exactly. It appears that there are still some that believe Nick Saban runs a straight up 3-4 defense and only wants pass rushers at the outside linebacker spots.

Bobby Carpenter is a great fit for this scheme. I have Chad Greenway higher on my list, but Carpenter is definitely on my list. Unlike Manny Lawson and Kamerion Wimbley, Bobby Carpenter has proven that he can make the pass drops and cover like a linebacker is supposed to do with the added benefit of being a very good blitzer. Carpenter had 8 sacks this past season from his strongside linebacker spot in Ohio State's defense.

Jimmy James said:
Make no doubt about it Greenway is a pretty good pass rusher too. He knows hard to play sideline-to-sideline and always gets to where he needs to be. He may be weak, but his technique makes up for it. He will be best as a weak-side linebacker which is what we need.

Honestly, Greenway had a very good pro day and i think he'll be gone by the time the Phins pick.

hahahahaha, what are you talking about????? Greenway is very good, but a better option that arrington. yes arrington is expensive, but he is maybe the best olb in the game today. he was the #2 pick in the draft, greenway isnt even the top olb in the draft. i would love greenway, but no way comparable to arrington. he would be so huge for us

skimarino13 said:
hahahahaha, what are you talking about????? Greenway is very good, but a better option that arrington. yes arrington is expensive, but he is maybe the best olb in the game today.

:sidelol:

Stop it, you're killing me.

If Arrington were CLOSE to being the best OLB in the game today, he'd have a contract with a team.

:lol:

PSU Cane said:
Honestly, Greenway had a very good pro day and i think he'll be gone by the time the Phins pick.

Greenway's Pro Day was an improvement over what he did at the Combine but I hope the hamstring he pulled heals completely or it will bother him for quite some time.

Jimmy James said:
:sidelol:

Stop it, you're killing me.

If Arrington were CLOSE to being the best OLB in the game today, he'd have a contract with a team.

:lol:

:shakeno: He doesn't have a contract with a team by choice. Not because teams doesn't want him.

Geforce said:
:shakeno: He doesn't have a contract with a team by choice. Not because teams doesn't want him.

Right. :rolleyes2

He wants a contract like Peterson got. If he were the best OLB in the game, he'd have it.

skimarino13 said:
hahahahaha, what are you talking about????? Greenway is very good, but a better option that arrington. yes arrington is expensive, but he is maybe the best olb in the game today. he was the #2 pick in the draft, greenway isnt even the top olb in the draft. i would love greenway, but no way comparable to arrington. he would be so huge for us
I never said Greenway was better than Arrington. I just think he is a better choice for this team. Btw, Arrington isn't the best OLB in the NFL.

arrington is for sure up there as one of the elite olb's in the game. greenway is very good, but you cant choose greenway over the proven talent like arrington

Back
Top Bottom